Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If you were getting a new greenie what would be your first experiment?

Go outside at night an point it at the farthest thing that you can see. For me it was a gaint powerline. You will be in awe of how far the beam will really good!

Nomad

Just dial the Herc 475 down. as it is adjustable if im not mistaken.
Might still need a few good red's thou. :)

Dial a Herc DOWN?????????? On Purpose??????? I can't even begin to wrap my mind around such a proposition. LaserGlow would probably send a mountie to repossess it (after it gets here) if they heard I was even thinking about it.

You can actually kill an insect with a handheld? I saw someone trying to kill spiders on youtube with his "powerful laser" and it didn't seem like he was having much luck to me. He was having to almost poke them in the eye with the thing and chase them down the stairs. Would'nt the spider/fly/ant think "hey, I'm getting hot (and blind)" and just move out of the beam? Or will my unit be enough to cripple them before they notice?

We're loaded up about twice a year w/ Japanese Beetles here in WI .... NOT that I'd use a laser on an innocent animal (especially my Herc) but the "rumor" is they pop like popcorn with their wings inside out ... You can actually hear it.

Or at least that's what I read on the internet... :shhh:

Jaseth

Haha BCM I think you've been naughty :D
And Nomad, he meant you could dial it down a bit when you wanted to mix it with red to get yellow so you could do with ~1W instead of 1.5 to 2W

HIMNL9

^_^ ants are already blind, they don't care about lasers in the eyes :p :D

But you can always try to focus it on them and see if they care enough about heat, if you feel yourself "Hoihoi San" like :D (joking, no offense)

Last edited: