Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ideas needed for 50-100W medical laser

^ That.

You don't seem to realize that BURNING YOUR SKIN WITH A LASER IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

CONTROLLED and REGULATED, PROFESSIONALLY PERFORMED medical experiments are what you're referring to.

On the contrary, it's the experience WE HAVE that YOU DON'T that we tell you it's a BAD idea.

--

"Chemotherapy helps treat cancer, so I'll drink Drano and see if my cancer goes away."

That's what it sounds like to us.

I thouoght for sure someone on a laser forum could tell me what laser LED to use but I guess that was just asking too much.

What would you say to someone that asked "what kind of flamethrower is best for mowing lawns?"

This is an obscure medical condition. It is hardly related to lasers, and you have been advised to stay away from high powered lasers. You have been obstinate. You asked for advice and it was given to you: lasers are not the solution. Ignoring advice that you asked for gets you a -2 from me.

Last edited:

Pman

They used a laser to break up a kidney stone in me last week. For some reason I decided not to do it myself LOL

Pman

No and completely forgot to ask about it...
I was put under when they did it even though I would have liked to watch:)

Have not seen any news stories about a guy melting his self with a laser, guess that's good news.

I do feel sorry for the guy , I looked up the disease and it looks like some nasty stuff.

SKeeZ

true, but he should go to a doctor. he has obviously been able to cope.

Spooky

Debilitating illness can lead any of us to make strange or extreme choices. Years ago I suffered a PE and DVT, the worst part wasn't the actual pain (I have a very high pain threshold) it was going to bed at night with the pain knowing I was going to wake up the next day with the same pain and no real end point in sight.
Just 3 months of that can change the way you view things and I can see how it may lead to some people considering actions that a rational person would find incomprehensible.

Times do come when you think "dammit I'll try anything to stop this" and if your lucky enough you just shake yourself awake ,suck it up and get on, the longer it goes on though the more likely you are to consider extreme measures.

I do feel for the guy but objectively I know what he is considering will make his situation worse so if he feels aggrieved by my lack of help then that is easier to accept than hearing he has set himself on fire or has secondary infections from self induced laser burns.

cheers

Dave

SKeeZ

True. I have not had to experience terminal illness my self but you have to feel for him.

Pman

I have never ending kidney stone problems and pain inside my kidneys that never goes away and is affected by lots of things. Not fun living with chronic pain. Have been doing it for the last 25 years but most people have no idea because I hide it well. That bing said, I wear a fentanyl patch to drop my overall pain level down to a more manageable level. I will never ever stop fighting the pain.

Spooky

I will never ever stop fighting the pain.

Same attitude as me :),I look at it as "do your worst" and move on.25 years of that takes character and strength something you clearly have plenty of.

cheers

Dave

LaWS

So here is what you can try :)
300mW - 500mW / 650nm laser...
I think you can't get hurt, but for your eyes you need to wear a proper protecting goggles.