Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Icon Rogue 1 for $8.95 shipped, and cheap 2xAAA pens.

Icon Rogue 1 for $8.95 (or best offer) shipped from USA.

Icon Rogue 1 50 Lumen LED Flashlight Green 70 Hours of Light and Waterproof 084871312554 | eBay

5mW 650nm - $2.10 shipped.
5mW 405nm - $2.65 shipped.
5mW 532nm - $3.97 shipped.

5mW Red Green Blue Laser Pointer Pen Powerful Beam Light Lamp 650nm 405nm | eBay

I bought the Rogue to eventually make into a 520nm build once more funds are available. I also bought 5 of the 5mW 532nm pens. I'll let you guys know when they get here.

Edit: Dangit, forgot there's the eBay finds thread already. Oh well, I'll remember to use that next time XD

Last edited:

Just grabbed the light, leaning towards throwing my sm 450 into it. +1

Lol, I saw some of those pictures, pretty funny.

I have enough flashlights, and I have my Sunwayman V10R that I EDC, so don't really have a need to use it as a flashlight. The price is just insanely cheap, and like you mentioned, it's a decent flashlight, so I felt I had to share.

jimdt7

Looks like they do ship to Greece now! Ordered a greenie! :beer:

Jim

Got my Icon Rogue. It's a nice little light for the price.

I tried boiling the head and could not get the pill out. I'm going to try again tomorrow now that I gutted the driver, led, reflector and plastic lens out.

It is an insanely stubborn SOB.

UPDATE

It appears to me there is absolutely NO WAY to get this pill out of the head without machining through it. It would indeed make a nice host, but don't plan on using it as one unless you have a drill press/lathe, or it's not going to happen.

Either way it's a nice flashlight for the price. I'd feel bad about ruining the head if I didn't already have a bunch of lights. It was only 9 bucks shipped, so whatever. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
Sorry, no shots of the driver. The head got trashed, and I had tossed it, only have the body (which is all one piece with the tailcap).

The pill in the head seems to be fused to it in some way. I tried everything and could not get it to budge even one bit.

It's an incredibly solid light, that's for sure. Too bad the pill can't just be unscrewed from the head. It has two indents on the inside like it "could be unscrewed", but sadly those are just a tease.

UPDATE:

So I dug the head out of the trash, and put it directly over the burner on my stove. Turns out the pill is indeed glued on, and it takes more than boiling to get it off. I managed to get the pill out, but I had banged up the head pretty bad in my previous attempt.

Picture:

xwoaqbS.jpg

If you have a torch, the pill is removable with minimal damage. So...good news :p

Last edited:
Got my Icon Rogue. It's a nice little light for the price.

I tried boiling the head and could not get the pill out. I'm going to try again tomorrow now that I gutted the driver, led, reflector and plastic lens out.

It is an insanely stubborn SOB.

UPDATE

It appears to me there is absolutely NO WAY to get this pill out of the head without machining through it. It would indeed make a nice host, but don't plan on using it as one unless you have a drill press/lathe, or it's not going to happen.

Either way it's a nice flashlight for the price. I'd feel bad about ruining the head if I didn't already have a bunch of lights. It was only 9 bucks shipped, so whatever. Lesson learned.

I used a little mini butane torch and was able to get mine to release. Heated slowly while I was rotating it.

jimdt7

I just got the Greenie...difenetely not 520nm! :beer
Small review coming later on. ;)

Jim

got mine today, it's 532, but it does 50mw and has a Very thin beam.

I ordered 5, and received 2. One goes into TEM01 after a few seconds, and the other one is great. I have since put it in an AA flashlight host using a single rcr2 battery.

I wouldn't recommend ordering from this seller. The 5 greens were 19.85 shipped. This is my correspondence with the seller:

---
Dear hkiron-aus,

I have received 2 of the 5 lasers that were ordered and paid for. Can you please inform if the remaining 3 have been shipped? Thanks.

- lotusdarkrose

---

Dear lotusdarkrose,

how about we refund you another 3?

- hkiron-aus

---

Dear hkiron-aus,

1 of the 2 pointers is very stable and bright, but the other one always goes into TEM01 (2 ovals), so it is not usable. If I cannot get the money back for the faulty pointer, I suppose I will have to count my losses, but please go ahead and refund the remaining 3 pointers.

- lotusdarkrose

---

Dear lotusdarkrose,

We apologize for all the troubles caused to you.

1) We refund you US $9 , OK? Because we also suffer loss, we paid the shipping fee and the eBay final value fee.
You can keep it and do not need to return.
2) After the refund, do hope you can leave us Positive Feedback with over 4 stars scores.
3) If not agree, we would like to know your solution.

Please don´t be angry or leave any feedback before you email us, we hope to solve problem peacefully.

Your understanding would be highly appreciated.
Waiting for your early reply.

Best regards,

- hkiron-aus

---

Dear hkiron-aus,

3 pointers is 11.91. You need to refund me at least 11.91. I did not receive 3 of the 5 pointers I ordered. Please refund 11.91 USD.

- lotusdarkrose

-------------------------

I'm just like....how is it my problem if you had any losses. I paid for 5 laser pointers and received 2, one of which was faulty.