Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I quit

Finally got my 505 diode module, had it soldered into my 501B host, went to put it together and a wire snagged and ripped the diode off the driver and snapped the pins off the diode.

z36dAT0h.jpg

So there goes 95$ and the last singular care I have for this hobby. I'm about ready to take every single laser I own and run them through my microwave and end this hobby once and for all. Its utter trash how uselessly fragile this garbage is. I'm out.

BobMc

We’ve all been there! Burned out or destroyed a new diode. Don’t loss heart these things happen. Tomorrow’s a new day.

We’ve all been there! Burned out or destroyed a new diode. Don’t loss heart these things happen. Tomorrow’s a new day.

Tomorrow is a new day, where I don't bother trying to get any enjoyment out of my life because every single time I do something I enjoy the universe sends a clear message that I should go Hey! myself.

This stupid Hey!hair diode module literally costs almost 2 days of work and the piece of Chinese retard labor breaks at the slightest twist. What utter retard thought to make the pins out of gold? Gold is literally the most useless metal for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Encap

Finally got my 505 diode module, had it soldered into my 501B host, went to put it together and a wire snagged and ripped the diode off the driver and snapped the pins off the diode.
So there goes 95$ and the last singular care I have for this hobby. I'm about ready to take every single laser I own and run them through my microwave and end this hobby once and for all. Its utter trash how uselessly fragile this garbage is. I'm out.

Don't hold any of your anger back Blarg K :crackup:

Was an unfortunate mistake you made but not the fault of the diode, driver, wire , or host.

Last edited:
Like Hey!ing splendid. I've got a now worthless hunk of copper and gold and a 501B I've blown over 100$ on the trash just for it to break before even getting to light it. Why the Hey! does this stupid little speck of metal that shits out some green Hey!ing light cost 95$ anyways. It probably costs sharp about 50 cents to make one.

Guess Ill go chuck it in acid and get my 10 cents of gold back. Because lets make tiny delicate electronics out of the softest, shittiest metal known to man. Hey!ing brilliant.

Maybe theres enough gold in all my lasers to make a single BB out of it that I can fire into the ocean where it belongs.

Easy on the cursing from now on, don`t worry I fixed your posts for you. :yh:

This happens to everyone and the extra anger just makes things worse. Take this experience as a hard lesson, after all now that you`ve done it once it'll never happen again.

Encap

ROFL stop your killing me -- some good points nevertheless

Last edited:
It will never happen again because I'm never wasting another cent on this crap.

Just in case my point isn't clear.

Oh right, this forum is still broken so embedding youtube videos isnt going to happen.

Whatever then.

Why destroy a perfectly good host, you could of resold it on the buy and sell forum and gotten some of your money back.

Why destroy a perfectly good host, you could of resold it on the buy and sell forum and gotten some of your money back.

I wouldn't have gotten any amount back for it. Not to mention because Canada post is the biggest scam in North America nobody would have been able to afford the likely 100$ it would cost to ship it.

And if life has taught me anything, its that destroying things that cause annoyance is the only sure way to make sure its never a problem again.

Really the fire didn't even damage the host. Ill probably have to stick some old trustfire batteries in it and short them out and send that thing to the moon.

Last edited:
Really, this wouldn't bother me half as much if I actually got paid what would be considered a reasonable wage. But here I am, essentially down two days of working at some crap job. I do so love working from 8 to 5 every weekend and not being able to even afford a place to live on my own.

Last edited:
Damn what host will you be able to put the replacement DTR module all ready wired to go I want to send to you in?