Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I own a laser retail company, need help with finalizng prices

Hey there,

I own a laser company that sells lasers at festivals, raves, and events. We've been doing very well, and have decided to move launch an online store. I have an LPM so all of the lasers on our website will be EXACTLY on spec, a 100mw will be EXACTLY 100mw, ect... (Guaranteed!)

Our lasers range from 5mw to 1watt, but I am not sure what to price them. I am looking for everyone's honest opinion on pricing. These lasers ship from the US, keep in mind.

5mw (Green Only)
10mw (R,G,V)
30mw (R,G,V)
50mw (R,G,V) - This is Guaranteed to pop balloons (Or its free)
100mw (R,G,V)
150mw (R,G,V) - This will light matches (Or its free)
200mw (Green)
250mw (Violet)
500mw (Blue)
1 Watt (Blue)
- All lasers are rated with IR filtered out
- Lasers come with a quality display box, and energizer batteries

Other information:
- They all ship from the US, no more dealing with customs

2hi4k8k.jpg

Taken in a dark room with an iPhone

Last edited:

Trevor

The other specs and images of the lasers will be necessary to give you an accurate estimate on value.

Also, you're likely to get a visit from the FDA if you sell noncompliant lasers in the US.

-Trevor

Hey there,

I own a laser company that sells lasers at festivals, raves, and events. We've been doing very well, and have decided to move launch an online store. I have an LPM so all of the lasers on our website will be EXACTLY on spec, a 100mw will be EXACTLY 100mw, ect... (Guaranteed!)

Our lasers range from 5mw to 1watt, but am not sure what to price them. I am looking for everyone's honest opinion on pricing. These lasers ship from the US, keep in mind.

5mw (Green Only)
10mw (R,G,V)
30mw (R,G,V)
50mw (R,G,V) - This is Guaranteed to pop balloons (Or its free)
100mw (R,G,V)
150mw (R,G,V) - This will light matches (Or its free)
200mw (Green)
250mw (Violet)
500mw (Blue)
1 Watt (Blue)

Other information:
- All lasers are rated with IR filtered out
- Lasers come with a quality display box, and energizer batteries
- They all ship from the US, no more dealing with customs

We would need to see some prices and your LPM...
Pictures would be nice as well...:)

Jerry

Last edited:

benmwv

I have an LPM so all of the lasers on our website will be EXACTLY on spec, a 100mw will be EXACTLY 100mw, ect... (Guaranteed!)

100mw will be EXACTLY 100mw is a big (ridiculous) claim to make lol :D

They must at least have a +-10 right?

If mine come in at 110mW will i get it for free.:whistle:

Pictures please.:D

Your Website link as well would help to see what you have them at now.

in the case your not building lasers, you should be able to use the prices the source giving it to you retails it for.

rhd

Very rough rule of thumb -

- Price your greens at $0.50 per mW
- Price your blues between $100 and $150
- Price your violets around:
--- $30 for < 100mW
--- $60 for 100 - 300 mW
--- $100 to $150 for > 300 mW
- Price your reds at $60 max (unless they're 635 or 640nm AND higher than 20 mW)

That's what makes sense to me, based on what we could reliably buy these for elsewhere.

Of course, if you're looking to make am impact, you could always go lower than my suggestions, to drum up initial business.

you should also offer a discount of sorts so we can get some reviews posted here about your products! Many of us have LPMs, and there are a few of us like me that build LPMs :D

-Dustin

100mw will be EXACTLY 100mw is a big (ridiculous) claim to make lol :D

They must at least have a +-10 right?

Well, we NEVER sell underspec lasers, there will be +5% variance, so a 100mw laser (could be) 105mw, but it would not be less. I've gotten very good with sourcing, so most of the lasers are close to accurate from the factory.

you should also offer a discount of sorts so we can get some reviews posted here about your products! Many of us have LPMs, and there are a few of us like me that build LPMs :D

-Dustin

Of Course! Obviously we will have a discount code for forum members, but dont share it!

And to everyone else:

I'll take some pictures in a couple hours and upload them, some are built with the similar housings everyone is used to, but I don't think any of the major companies use the same sourcing factories that I do, at least... none that I know of.

As for the site, it launches Friday! 20% off to everyone on the forum (for a limited time!) I'll keep you posted!

benmwv

Well if your lasers are as you say they are, and your prices aren't outrageous (rhd has nailed it pretty well)I'm sure you will sell many lasers here after a few good reviews.

Also, you're likely to get a visit from the FDA if you sell noncompliant lasers in the US.

-Trevor

This no this no joke, we already had a member get busted. Make sure they are FDA compliant or they will get you.

To my knowledge, they are FDA compliment, both of my sourcing companies claims that the houses are, but after personal research, I have also concluded that they are. They don't have a time delay, but they have a key lock, LED indicator, and IR Filter... Hopefully that is enough.

Just wondering, how does amazon sell 50 and 100mw lasers that are simply push button pen style? They are definitely not FDA compliant.