Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I Never Should Have Logged On...

Thanks for the welcome, y'all. My wife came into the room and asked what I was doing on the net. I told her I was reading the FAQ on Laser Pointer Forums and how I'm planning to mod the presentation pointer to a green laser.
She took a deep breath, rolled her eyes, and walked out of the room. I could hear her muttering down the hallway "I wonder how much this will cost us..." :tinfoil:

Yess finally I won't be ther only one getting in trouble welcome to the forum

They say the letters in the word BOAT stand for 'Break Out Another Thousand'-same w/ laser hobby but hopefully on a somewhat smaller scale--best advice is however about eye safety- u cant put a price on your eyes. Also your kiddo(s) WILL play with your lasers when you are not looking-so keep them(just like guns) locked away-they should never be used by minors even with supervision- last suggestion- they(lasers) do not always make good toys to use with a dogs. SOME get fixated and obsessed and it can be hard to wean them off once you get them into it and it can cause anxiety and other problems.--good luck with your new addiction. Use the search and do ur homework before u ask ?s---<(*v*)>--hakzaw

GregH

...good luck with your new addiction. Use the search and do ur homework before u ask.

Thanks. By perusing the FAQs and posts on 5mw green lasers I just (5 minutes ago) bought a WL Core from Guitmath on eBay. All from recommendations here and all from information gathered by READING the information on this board. It was so efficient (and not bothersome to others) that I'm surprised more people don't try it.

Results:
1.) I was able to answer my questions without asking a single one! :)
2.) I was able to get a good price on a well-respected device, which I can then tear apart and bend to my will (well, swapping it into another host is sort of bending it to my will).
3.) I have discovered a new "BOAT"!

Nice to have you.
:)

If you want to mod your red into a green, you may want to just keep your Core, and buy a module from Susie.
(...Wicked lasers has been a bit shady in the past, but they are improving. Now they are just overpriced. Let’s not get too far into that though.)

www.0-like.com--product
The 3-pack of 5-10mW greens is great.
Much more than that and you will blind the watchers of your presentation. :p

GregH

o-like
The 3-pack of 5-10mW greens is great.
Much more than that and you will blind the watchers of your presentation.
I saw the o-likes but wasn't sure if they would be <5mw and whether the modules came with whatever lenses, ir filters, etc. I would need. I figured I would buy a complete pen, knowing it would have all of the pieces. Also, disassembling a complete unit would be educational. I'll start asking questions after I know a little bit more about the gig.

Oh, and not blinding the audience is definitely a plus! :D

I got the three-pack of o-like greens. One is a 5mW, one is 15mW, the last one is a 50mW!!! These are complete modules with battery spring and switch, lens is factory adjusted. No IR filter on these. Please note concerning laser pens that not all makes and models of green laser pens have an IR filter. They usually don't. Only the better manufacturers provide one. You can purchase and install your own IR filter.

Thanks for the welcome, y'all. My wife came into the room and asked what I was doing on the net. I told her I was reading the FAQ on Laser Pointer Forums and how I'm planning to mod the presentation pointer to a green laser.
She took a deep breath, rolled her eyes, and walked out of the room. I could hear her muttering down the hallway "I wonder how much this will cost us..." :tinfoil:

Women don't understand the greater things in life. They're into makeup powders and waterproof lipstick. Lasers are our FUTURE. It makes Science Fiction seem much, much closer to reality than before.