Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need to find out the specification on my laser.

Just to clear up confusion: The <5mW green laser is broken and has been replaced by a 450nm (blue) laser.

Link for the laser: https://www.ebay.com/itm/450nm-1W-B...%3Ab8659e2c15e0a9cb1bed4db9fff328d5%7Ciid%3A1

In terms of eye protection, I was going to order some color tinted acrylic and cut custom sized lenses on a CNC router for a pair of goggles I already own. I already have some red acrylic but if that doesn't work to my satisfaction I'll buy some specifically for this wavelength laser.

As for my Coach, he's been working with lasers for over 30 years, so I'm kind of doubtful that he would be misinformed on what wattage the laser functions at. Is there any chance he was referring to a different aspect of the laser?

I'm new to the forums, so I still don't quite how it all works, I'll do my best to supply more information on my profile.

Thanks for clearing that up...

As to Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...
Get a good pair to protect the ONLY eyes
you will ever get....

Jerry

GSS

The OP's original laser safety shield link has some more info regarding cheap ebay look alike glasses.

https://jtechphotonics.com/?p=1117

Wondering if their claims on these ebay "American made" look alike's are true..

Last edited:
WASTE TIME-Coach is behind--+ you seen to reject help--glasses with good protection for blue/green --one of the most dangerous-
plexiglass would work BUT WHY go that route,,,Coach needs to join LPF --and get caught up.

we consider safety as #1 ---those new to lasers are often injuried or nearly so...which effects the entire forum.
'IF' you do get an injury contact any MOD for help--a public thread on injurys gets us 'reported' every time at
laserpointersafety.org A site ALL needs to read in its entirety,, you do NOT want to be a news clip there,,trust us..

enjoy hak