Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need selected random crap

I know this may sound like a stupid concept, but I need some things, and I don't feel like paying a lot of money for them, yet they are just common pieces of junk...

1. Matches! I would like a lot of matches. I have been going through the family matches very quickly, and I think my parents will catch on quick, I always smell like I've been burning something (I have). I need these to light pyrotechnic compositions. Cheap lighters are good to have too, but I just love matches, I don't know why.

2. Ping pong balls. I use these to make nitrocellulose lacquer. I quite like nitrocellulose lacquer.

3. Bags of sour candy. I really want sour candy. My mom owns a candy shop, but I feel guilty eating all of her stock, because we just bought this business a year and a half ago and we are not doing too well right now- tough times for business it seems.

So, if you have any of these things you would like to sell me for a reasonable price or trade for a random junk box or whatever, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Mark

You can purchase a box of matchbooks(50 matchbooks per box) at your local grocery store for about $2 each. If you want wooden matches, camping supply stores can sell them to you by the case... If you're burning that much crap, you should consider investing in a zippo lighter. They're extremely cheap to fuel and maintain; kerosene will do perfectly fine in the place of lighter fluid...

As for ping pong balls, you may want to check some local gyms or something... Most of them usually have a good number of "squashed" ping pong balls...

As for the candy; if your mom already owns the candy store, aren't you already getting candy by the bulk already? Unless you make the candy, it doesn't get cheaper than buying it bulk from the manufacturer...

With conversion rates I could get you a lot of matches (222 per dollar, or maybe even more) but I don't know if shipping large quantities of phosphor to the US is allowed. I wouldn't mind, though, I just have to get my leg cured so I can walk freely again :p

I am a minor, and as such, I cannot purchase matches or a lighter from a store.

Great idea for the local gyms! I'll make sure to check into that.

About the candy, my mom just gives it to me for free, she won't accept my money, but I feel bad taking a large quantity of it.

Niko: If you could ship a large number of matches to me, that would be awesome! I'd buy 1,000 at that price!

-Mark

Dude, are you serious? I've been buying my own matches and lighters since I was 12. Perhaps you should ask your parents? What kind of matches do you want anyways?

yeah I'm pretty sure you can buy matches / lighters at any age... i have before... but that was pre - 9/11/2001.

Stop by dollar general for the matches. I'm 16 and it looks like im 14 or 15 and they still sold the matches to me. And you get two boxes of 250 matches for $1. Pretty good price. And lasers light them very easily.

-Jakob

I am a minor, and as such, I cannot purchase matches or a lighter from a store.

Great idea for the local gyms! I'll make sure to check into that.

About the candy, my mom just gives it to me for free, she won't accept my money, but I feel bad taking a large quantity of it.

Niko: If you could ship a large number of matches to me, that would be awesome! I'd buy 1,000 at that price!

-Mark

Just do some research and see if you can receive international packages that contain phosphor, I don't want to ship something that you won't be able to receive.

Eku

Over here its about 70 cents for 450 matches, so for 4500 its 7 bucks.

Done at my local store I got 50 ping pong balls for 10 bucks.

Just shipping matches and ping pong balls would be really expensive over here.

Nitrocellulose is closely related to the more highly nitrated form which is used to make explosives.

Hmm...sounds like a bomb to me. Be sure to tape it.:)

Matches, ping pong balls, sour candy? What kind of bomb are you making?

Matches to light all kinds of pyrotechnic compositions and fireworks.

Ping pong balls to make nitrocellulose lacquer, used as a flammable binder in pyrotechnics compositions. I like it a lot.

Sour candy because I'm a teenager and I eat a lot.

I don't know specifically what I will be making yet.

-Mark

D

Deleted member 8382

I also think he wanna make a bomb. here's an example to follow (jump to minute 4)

Just saw that episode! That was awesome!

But no...I don't really want to make a match bomb. I just want to use the matches to ignite other bombs.

-Mark