Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I have a Sonar case & money...

You have Bluray diodes and skill. Let's deal.

I want someone to build me a >10mW (yes > lol) CW 405nm laser in my newly purchased Sonar case. WL may offer crappy lasers, but you have to give it to them that the can surely polish a turd. Honestly, I think the Sonar case is one of the best looking laser cases in existance, period. I would like to see roughly 10mW average out of it.

Since I'm in the Service, I'm going to do this military style (lol) since I don't know where to start... if you're interested in doing this, please PM me with how much you think you could do it for. I'm sure alot of you cold do it, but I'm sure some of you are better at working small drivers and whatnot than others.

So, I am humbley asking for the Bluray gurus to offer thier services here. I'm willing to pay fair prices for top of the line work.

Thank you

Rob

Heck I would do it for you for free if I could. I'm not sure I could build a boost circuit that I could trust to not kill the blu-ray. Problem with that case is you can only use cr123 batteries i think, but only 1 or 2( i get confliccting info from the web). To use DDL circuit you need 9v. Which makes me wonder how the WL circuit is setup and if it regulates current....

/salute military

desslok said:
Heck I would do it for you for free if I could.  I'm not sure I could build a boost circuit that I could trust to not kill the blu-ray.  Problem with that case is you can only use cr123 batteries i think, but only 1 or 2( i get confliccting info from the web).  To use DDL circuit you need 9v.  Which makes me wonder how the WL circuit is setup and if it regulates current....

/salute military

WL uses a driver, DDL needs 9v since the current regulator uses 3v, and the BR needs 4.5, so you would need about (4.5+3= 7.5) 7.5-7. You can use another chip (I forgot which) to bump up even 1.5v (AA) to 5v, so if you use it to bump up the 3v (or 6v if 2 cr2's are used) to 4.5-5v you should have no problem. I bet someone will chime in or PM deadel.

i would use different voltage regulators the that only drop a volt or so for the bluray not DDL circuit in a sonar

drlava

I just purchased 3 of these cases, and plan on making some high-quality blu-ray burners with them. I'll have to have the process down, so adding yours wouldn't bee too much trouble, plus you would benefit from the practice on other tubes. Timewise, however, it could take a month or two before completion. let me know if you're interested.

scopeguy20 said:
Have you checked with Daedal? He's my guru in this area!

I shot him a PM, but he hasn't replied to me yet.

drlava said:
I just purchased 3 of these cases, and plan on making some high-quality blu-ray burners with them.  I'll have to have the process down, so adding yours wouldn't bee too much trouble, plus you would benefit from the practice on other tubes.  Timewise, however, it could take a month or two before completion.  let me know if you're interested.

I have a feeling that I actually got mine from the same source as you. ;)

I am EXTREMELY interested in doing this with you, could you please PM me how much you think it's going to be to do a 10-12mW pointer? Time isn't a problem, because I'm not going to have my money tomorrow anyway. You were one of the people I was hoping to attract anyway because I see your name popping up alot with people who have DIY BluRays.

Thanks!