Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i hate this "holiday"!!!!!

Tech_Junkie said:
A priest, a lawyer and Michael Jackson are on a ship when it suddenly hits an iceberg and starts to sink.

The priest yells "SAVE THE CHILDREN!"
The lawyer says "SCREW THE CHILDREN!"
Michael says "Do you think there's time???"
LOL wow ive never heard that one before

iccy

I'm in the same situation... I should have been getting something today, I did my job why cant the mailman do theirs?! :p

I really dont know, they get off at like 12 on Saturdays, im at work 8 - 4 or 6. :-? :-? :-/ :-/

icey said:
I'm in the same situation... I should have been getting something today, I did my job why cant the mailman do theirs?! :p

Me too. I hace a heat sink that was due today. I think we have a group vibe going here. ::)

DTMF

did you even read my post jack a$$ . i was talking about laborday ya know the thing i highlight'd in your post ;) . so quik to respond on something you should have never post'd here in the 1st place . not to metion it should be in OTHERsection not general laser section . ;)

JLSE

Mohrenberg said:
[quote author=DTMF link=1232409635/0#11 date=1232415777][quote author=Mohrenberg link=1232409635/0#0 date=1232409635]

yeah........no it isn't.........
no offense, and i know this is going to cause alot of shit...but your white. and this is a holiday about a black guy who got shot for talking alot.[/quote]

Yeah.....no it isn't........

No offence but its to celebrate the memory of a man who fought for racial equality. And it is celebrated on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday,

Geeze, and im Canadian and I know that :p

I liked it! ;D The only stuff I'm waiting on at the moment is crap from DX that I don't need (But it was cheap! ::)).

I would have went back to school today but I got the day off! College starts later.

-Tony

So much for the jokes LOL Lighten up peeps...if you were a mailman you wouldnt sat anything at all. It not like we are waiting for checks LOL

Martin Luther King, Jr. was an amazing man who did much more than "get shot and talk a lot". He was someone who was willing to put race beside him and persevere, to never raise a hand even once against the people who beat him, arrested him, burned down his house, and threatened to kill his family. Martin Luther King, Jr. is a true American hero who fought with peace rather than warfare, and a person who we should all strive to be like.

Complaining that you get your laser parts a day late because of "that damn black guy" or whatever you want to call a revolutionary hero is not only disgraceful, it is also disgusting. Where do you dredge up all of this hatred and self-centeredness?

This might turn into a flamewar, but I would like to make the statement that I am ashamed of what I see here. This forum is supposed to stand above the rest as a place where respect stands above hatred, but that is not what I am seeing here.

I hope that I never have to see this disgraceful kind of selfishness again, placing day-late mail above a hero. This is the kind of mindset that destroys America and what we stand for, not unites it.

I am disgusted.

-Mark

JLSE

rocketparrotlet said:
Martin Luther King, Jr. was an amazing man who did much more than "get shot and talk a lot".  He was someone who was willing to put race beside him and persevere, to never raise a hand even once against the people who beat him, arrested him, burned down his house, and threatened to kill his family.  Martin Luther King, Jr. is a true American hero who fought with peace rather than warfare, and a person who we should all strive to be like.

Complaining that you get your laser parts a day late because of "that damn black guy" or whatever you want to call a revolutionary hero is not only disgraceful, it is also disgusting.  Where do you dredge up all of this hatred and self-centeredness?

This might turn into a flamewar, but I would like to make the statement that I am ashamed of what I see here.  This forum is supposed to stand above the rest as a place where respect stands above hatred, but that is not what I am seeing here.

I hope that I never have to see this disgraceful kind of selfishness again, placing day-late mail above a hero.  This is the kind of mindset that destroys America and what we stand for, not unites it.

I am disgusted.

-Mark

I dont think this will turn into a 'flamewar', respect is respect, some just dont have any.

Switch said:
This is the kind of mindset that destroys America and what we stand for, not unites it.

That , and people like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE  ::)
I realize that most americans aren't like that, but these people are everywhere , slowing down the world, not only America. :p

LMAO Notice those people are from the deep south LOL. I used to live in Georgia and Florida and believe me when I tell you they pride themselves as being rednecks. They are some of the friendliest type of people you will meet, but the average IQ runs just under 100. I grew up in the north east and people are much more intelligent. But if you say "Hi" to a stranger, they will walk right past you and wont even look you in the eye. Most American could care less about the rest of the world. We are to busy arguing about what we want for dinner, than to worry about starving children in Ethiopia. Its quite sad really. :-[ We have turned into passive consumers. Sheep in other words. We produce very little, and only worry about having better things than our neighbors. If we could just group together as one unit we could change the world, but vanity and corruption make it imposable

Ace82

I don't mind that some particular people celebrate a renegade for making history and honoring his memory, but as far as making it a national holiday.... I am not racist, I just think that they need to get over it already, and that they need to stop thinking of themselves any more special or different in any way and just contribute to society equal as any other person, regardless of their race, origination, culture skin color... I hate how they tend to segregate themselves, and hold on to the past.  It should be "water under the bridge" a long time ago.  It's ok and good to honor, but the vast amounts of pride sickens me, it is an illness and a sin.  And then there's BET channel, what if there was a WET channel?  DESCRIMINATION!   :mad:  That is just sick.  It's not fair, and it's not equal and it's a bunch of BS that should be shed, move on, look to the future...  

Well at least there was a little less traffic on the roads!  ;D

But 4th of July, now that's a holiday... a day designated for our entire nation for blowing shit up, now that's bad ass!  

How is this about lasers again?