Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I better....

I've been tracking my Electra from LaserGlow since yesterday when it shipped.

Everything was going well until I see this:
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Monday, 02/01/2016, By End of Day

WHAT! There is absolutely no reason this package should take another extra business day, weather is fine in Kentucky as far as I can tell so what the hec man? Mad penguin :mad:. I payed for overnight shipping so I expect it to get here today(which is Friday). I know sometimes tracking messes up & a flight is planned out of Louisville to Sacramento early this morning so hopefully if all goes well I should end up with a laser at my front door when I wake up :(

Hopefully I can show you guys my new pointer tomorrow....

This is the latest tracking:
Louisville, KY, United States 01/29/2016 2:10 A.M. Import Scan
01/29/2016 1:04 A.M. Arrival Scan

-Alex

Maybe there's not enough room on the airplane for all the packages.:crackup:

Alan

Ahhhh.....that sucks Alex! Know the feeling man. With my recent purchase, I'd signed up for text alerts, but still wore out the Refresh button on my browser lol. Laser came wayyyy sooner than expected, so I ended up having to wait for my new 16340's via snail service. :banghead:

Anyway, hope you see it today! A weekend is a LONG time to wait when you've paid for and expected next day!

-jeff

Thanks Jeffrey!

Well....now my pointer is stuck at the UPS warehouse in Kentucky. God this make me angry. Every time you try to get overnight shipping something always happens!

Well, there's $55 wasted, great.

-Alex

Last edited:
Definitely no point in paying for overnight shipping for a package that has to cross borders. It will never ever happen.

Pman

Jeff, whatever you bought don't make the mistake of getting overly excited and putting in the batteries the wrong way. Need to charge them first anyways as they will come 50-75% charged.
Yeah, alot of us have been there dissapointed in next or second day delivery holdups. Is there some reason that shipping method doesn't deliver on Saturdays?
I remember the first time I was in a laserbtb GB and found out they were sitting in the local sorting warehouse. I called the national number for the service early that Saturday morning and got them to allow me to pick them up. When I got there they were going to give me a fuss but I made them look it up and it had been authorized so they had too. Took them about 45 minutes to sort through stuff to fin them but I didn't have to wait til Monday. That was back when things were really exciting around here and I couldn't stand to wait. Don't remember for sure but it was probably DHL.

Only few services deliver on Saturdays with UPS/FedEx(mostly the quickest overnight methods) like before 8:00am or 10:30am, even then...not sure if you have to pay extra for it? I know for my option UPS Worldwide Express Save you'd have to pay more.

I guess I'll have to wait until Monday, and if for some reason it's not there by then there is a serious problem. I spoke to LaserGlow and all paperwork has been done but was informed sometimes laser get held up for some reason, which is why they can't guarantee 1 business day for sure *sigh*

I mean, it's a legal pointer, <5mW, Safety labeling on it, plus it's 405nm so you'd think it's like <0.000000000000001mW hehe :yh:

I bought myself a new Xbox One game to pass the weekend :(

-Alex

Only few services deliver on Saturdays with UPS/FedEx(mostly the quickest overnight methods) like before 8:00am or 10:30am, even then...not sure if you have to pay extra for it? I know for my option UPS Worldwide Express Save you'd have to pay more.

I guess I'll have to wait until Monday, and if for some reason it's not there by then there is a serious problem. I spoke to LaserGlow and all paperwork has been done but was informed sometimes laser get held up for some reason, which is why they can't guarantee 1 business day for sure *sigh*

I mean, it's a legal pointer, <5mW, Safety labeling on it, plus it's 405nm so you'd think it's like <0.000000000000001mW hehe :yh:

I bought myself a new Xbox One game to pass the weekend :(

-Alex

I wonder since LG is on the import list if that might be causing a bit more of a delay for you, since customs might give them more scrutiny because they are on the naughty list. Hope you get it soon! :beer:

Thanks Pman, I really appreciate that! I hadn't bought 16340's in a while and wondered why they showed over half charged right into the charger :)
I actually got my stuff a few weeks ago. I was horribly anxious about putting the batteries in the wrong way, and obsessively read the instructions (and even had my 15 yr old son verify LOL!).

Confession: Many years ago, I actually chased a delivery driver down to get something before he actually arrived at my house. :shhh::crackup:

-jeff

I wonder since LG is on the import list if that might be causing a bit more of a delay for you, since customs might give them more scrutiny because they are on the naughty list. Hope you get it soon! :beer:

Never thought of that, very possible! :yh:

Oh well, hopefully it gets moving over the WK :eek:

-Alex

Last time I had a laser sent to the warehouse it was in there for 3 freakin' months and it magically showed up one day....

How exciting, $55 and I get an item in 3 months and it gets to sit in that warehouse for 3 months, I've given up on getting my pointer, oh well.

Great, $300 wasted

Last edited: