Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I apologize for my behavior

Part 1: Apology
Hello, LPF. I joined 3 years ago, but I don't think I ever posted a welcome.
2 years ago, I displayed an act of pure egotism. I wronged those LPF members, and I soiled the LPF. I have apologized to those members on the thread here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/stacking-up-amperage-led-indicators-82012.html#post1178240

I do not expect to be accepted into the community, but I apologize to all members of the LPF for my behavior on the forum.

Part 2: Reborn welcome post
Hello all. I don't plan on using the LPF like I used to. I will treat all with kindness and respect. I will not ask for help on basic concepts which can be researched. I do not expect to show my face much on others' posts or to start many new threads, for the shame I feel. I've grown up a lot since 2 years ago. As a human being, I've been beaten, broken, and scarred; and I've learned some respect.

Part 3: Welcome Personal
I live near Chicago in Indiana. My favorite color is just about 430nm indigo. I enjoy long slices of pizza on the beech. And my hobbies are video games, guitar, mostly analogue electronics, machinery, lucid dreaming, and lasers.

Hello, I wasn't here back then, but I don't know you really have anything to apologize for, many new members are taken aback by some of the responses to questions when they first come here, I was one of them too. There are many questions which are better understood when you can ask it your own way, or clarify your question. I see no substitute to one on one discussion (even better, a forum of people to help) when searching to understand something new, that's why we have teachers in school and not just given a link to the internet and told to learn on your own.

There is a great advantage to having someone understand where you are coming from and explain things in different ways until you understand. That said, you can search the forum to find some answers very easily, but not all of them (sometimes due to not knowing enough to use the right search terms), I can attest to that because I searched for hours and then asked my stupid question last year only to be slapped upside the head, so to speak, and told to search the forum for the answer. This isn't unusual in forums where there is a large number of knowledgeable individuals, I've seen this over and over again in other forums, not just a laser forum. It's the simple questions which keep being asked so much that gets on their nerves, the upper level knowledgeable individuals sometimes prefer more of a challenge and tire of the basic questions repeating into infinity, but we shouldn't forget, none of us would know much at all if not for others who help show the way.

Stupid is as stupid asks? Sure, you can stay silent and spend far more time doing it the hard way to find your answers, that works and maybe that is a better way to go in some respects, but I don't mind answering anything I can, I am sure the forum knows that about me by now, LOL. I will even answer obvious trolls because I figure someone else might really want to know the answer to their question who doesn't post. I'm still asking my own questions and will for years to come, I imagine, new to lasers myself. There are some awesome people here who really understand laser technology, wish I were as brilliant as some of these folk.

Even if I wasn't here back then, welcome back. In regard to your comment "As a human being, I've been beaten, broken, and scarred; and I've learned some respect." - I know where you are coming from, I've been through such more than most individuals and still have a way to go. Others do us a favor when grinding the rough edges off of us, we transform from a cube to a sphere, given enough time, all of the edges worn away & once the polishing is done, free to roll baby!

Last edited:

Teej

Welcome, again.

:D

Forums are like that...I'm on a bunch as I am into a lot of things...and, its all the same as far as newbs and the same questions over and over again, and being told to search, and so on.

When a forum is new, the questions are not old yet...and, the topics might not even have come up with answers yet...

But like the guy at the gas station near Great Adventure Amusement Park, he starts the new job, and, inevitably, some one will pull in and ask how to get to Great Adventure.

He will cheerfully give them directions...and they cheerfully drive away.

After about 2 dozen cars pull over to ask, he gets tired of giving directions, and goes and draws a map of where the gas station is, the park, and the directions to it from the station, and puts it up in the window so it can be seen from the pumps.

Now, they pull in, ask directions, and he points to the sign with directions.

Then they ask about the directions on the map, "So its a right out of the lot?"

He makes signs that say "To Great Adventure", with arrows that point at Great Adventure, and posts them so they're visible from the road, the lot, and the pumps.

People STILL ask how to get to Great Adventure. Finally, the 5,238th person asks "Hey, how do I get to Great Adventure?" and the pump jockey explodes and says "Its on the effing sign, there, there and THERE!!!! READ the effin sign you moron!!!!"

And the driver is shocked and says "I just asked for directions, what's HIS problem?"

:beer:

PS - My Dad-in-Law's gas station was by Great Adventure.

Last edited:

USAbro

I'd recommend you join in the discussions, you seem cool enough.

Pman

At first I thought this was a joke but then looked at your join date.
Pman welcomes you.
Pay attention kiddies, that's the way you do it;)

Hey, thank you all for the warm welcomes. I hope to keep the LPF a cool place

Welcome, again.

Forums are like that...I'm on a bunch as I am into a lot of things...and, its all the same as far as newbs and the same questions over and over again, and being told to search, and so on.

When a forum is new, the questions are not old yet...and, the topics might not even have come up with answers yet...

But like the guy at the gas station near Great Adventure Amusement Park, he starts the new job, and, inevitably, some one will pull in and ask how to get to Great Adventure.

He will cheerfully give them directions...and they cheerfully drive away.

After about 2 dozen cars pull over to ask, he gets tired of giving directions, and goes and draws a map of where the gas station is, the park, and the directions to it from the station, and puts it up in the window so it can be seen from the pumps.

Now, they pull in, ask directions, and he points to the sign with directions.

Then they ask about the directions on the map, "So its a right out of the lot?"

He makes signs that say "To Great Adventure", with arrows that point at Great Adventure, and posts them so they're visible from the road, the lot, and the pumps.

People STILL ask how to get to Great Adventure. Finally, the 5,238th person asks "Hey, how do I get to Great Adventure?" and the pump jockey explodes and says "Its on the effing sign, there, there and THERE!!!! READ the effin sign you moron!!!!"

And the driver is shocked and says "I just asked for directions, what's HIS problem?"

:beer:

PS - My Dad-in-Law's gas station was by Great Adventure.

LOL! So spot on! You have the gift of analogyism. If that was a thing that is.

It takes a lot to do what you are doing right now. Especially on a forum. So right on. Welcome back!!!