Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion Laser Power Meter For Sale: 2W, 6W, & 20W Version

Please tell me what you think I'm doing that is scummy? I don't have a 2W for sale for $214 so what are you talking about??? My 20W costs the same if not less than from Astralist after his shipping costs from Indonesia.

Also, there are zero "car parts" used in my builds.

Anything else?

Last edited:

Apparently he has done quite a few scummy things. He got banned here. I would be careful when purchasing from him. I never have so I am just going by other people's experiences.

Once again I'm being confused with my brother Alex. Get it right.

If you are not A. Barnett, then I apologize. I didn't know he was your brother. It is rare that I see two members of a family that try to make money selling laser related items. It happens, but it is rare.

If you are not A. Barnett, then I apologize. I didn't know he was your brother. It is rare that I see two members of a family that try to make money selling laser related items. It happens, but it is rare.

I took over his business when he "went away". He was doing some pretty shady stuff and I went out of my way to help out all the members here that I could. There are plenty here that can testify to that. After seeing that there was a good business opportunity in this market I decided to run with it and see where it would go. I have many years of electronics knowledge so jumping in to this was fairly easy for me. Over the last 2 years I have grown my business in to something quite sustainable. This is something I enjoy doing and I'm always trying to expand my knowledge and my offerings here. Be aware, my brother still pops up from time to time trying to sell stuff on eBay..... Although, when you buy something from him it will have my mother's name on it and ship from her house in FL.... smdh.

I can offer anything I have listed on ebay at a discount for any of the members here. Astralist sent me a bunch of 3D printed cases for the LPMs and I've been shipping them along with them. I also have them with different LCD colors. I haven't had time to update my eBay listing yet with this info.

I can offer anything I have listed on ebay at a discount for any of the members here. Astralist sent me a bunch of 3D printed cases for the LPMs and I've been shipping them along with them. I also have them with different LCD colors. I haven't had time to update my eBay listing yet with this info.

Hmmm...
Then if he has cases... why hasn't Astralist sent
a free LPM case as he promised to all his previous
customers...:thinking: :undecided:

Jerry

I thought those cases were too thin and didn't work well with the meter. That was the last I had heard on those 3D printed cases. I would like a case like the one I got with my Radiant several years ago. It cost me an additional $10.00 for the case and it was well worth the money.

Don't know Paul... I haven't seen one..:undecided:
But Shmackitup is selling them with his
LPMs.

Jerry

Yeah, that was the last I had heard on the 3D printed cases from astralist, Jerry. Don't have one so I am going by what Pradipta told me himself.

WOW, that was fast shipping.

Ordered Thursday @ 1:00 am and it's in my mailbox Saturday, Thanks Barentt. :D

Here's a test of my NDG7475 running on a 1.8a X-drive with a 3 element green AR coated lens, 1st reading 774mw 2nd reading 780mw, DTR showed 1187 @ 1.8a with a G2 and the G2 lets 95% through and the 3 element 70% so that looks right on the money to me.

The case has little prongs that go through the boards corner holes and fit into sockets on the back, but I wrapped some tape around mine just to make sure it stays put, the nice thing about the case other than protecting the exposed circuits is the meter will stand on it's own so you can see the numbers as you take your reading. The case is not a perfect fit.

The ( 5263nm ) is from a NUBM44 at 4.5a with a 3 element and 3X beam expander and an old 44 that seemed a little weak is only doing 3.5w through a 3 element....I figured.

I have an 06 that always seemed extra strong and it's doing 6.5w through it's GBall and a 3X beam expander and it's not even new, but new 06 diodes I tested with GBall intact are doing 5.5w and that nubm42 is doing 4.2w through a 3 element.

It seems to be accurate enough.

60892d1531603315-hyperion-laser-power-meter-sale-2w-6w-20w-version-sany2882.jpg

60893d1531603315-hyperion-laser-power-meter-sale-2w-6w-20w-version-sany2887.jpg

60894d1531603315-hyperion-laser-power-meter-sale-2w-6w-20w-version-sany2885.jpg

60891d1531601415-hyperion-laser-power-meter-sale-2w-6w-20w-version-sany2895.jpg

Attachments

• SANY2895.JPG
    SANY2895.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 56
  • SANY2882.JPG
    SANY2882.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 59
  • SANY2887.JPG
    SANY2887.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 61
  • SANY2885.JPG
    SANY2885.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
The tape covers the button holes. And, the display is not a great fit, but it is a case. I have this same meter, but without the case. Also got the 6+ watt sensor for it too. When I switch sensors I need to recalibrate it. It is a small PITA, but I have the numbers written down and kept with the meter. It is just a couple of numbers that you need to change.

I downloaded the software but my antivirus quarantined it, LOL

Last edited:
Sounds like Norton. They did that to me with several data logging software packages until I got fed up and cancelled them permanently.

try to get a reading on a 405nm diode with G2 lens if you have.i see you mostly use 3 elements,you don't really enjoy the G2's? :evil:

My BDR-209 from DTR with his driver set up has a G2 and it just did 847mw, my 405 from O-like did 332mw with their supplied lens, I did try to put a G2 in the O-like unit but the diode is pressed into a heat sink that has a countersink and the G2 can't get close enough to focus.

I like the G2 when using cylindrical correction lenses and that is a strong set up, the 3 element robs power but makes up in lower divergence, I have favorite target spots at 15 and 23 feet so I use a 3 element or G7 then a 3X beam expander a lot, or a G2 and cylindrical pair.

This is one reason I search for 06 diodes with a good focus because the GBall left intact is an efficient single element with a longer FL that works nice with the 3X beam expander, that's if it's one of the 06 diodes with a good factory fixed focus that lets me use the GBall intact.

I recently bought 2 x nubm42's and a nubm06 and I know dam well I got 3 x nubm42's all the same 4.2xx mw with a 3 element and had the same awful GBall focus, so bad that I couldn't do a power reading with the GBall intact because it would not fit on the 6 x 6 sensor anywhere along the beam path except maybe 1 cm from the GBall and I did not try that.

I think the analog 5.3w power reading we saw from Youtube is close to accurate because they all 3 read 4.2xx with a 3 element, I was running at a solid 4.5a

Last edited:

Gazen

How far away from the sensor should the laser be for testing?

It shouldn’t matter as long as all of the beam is on the sensor in a large enough area to not surpass the damage threshold of the sensor/coating.