Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hurricane Irma

diachi

Looks like quite a bit of damage on Saint Martin too, significant flooding, and dozens of wrecked boats littering the harbor.

_97692018_martinreuters.jpg

:eek:

Hopefully low casualties! :(

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling
Hypocrite | Define Hypocrite at Dictionary.com

What's that got to do with anything in this thread...? :confused:

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Looks like quite a bit of damage on Saint Martin too, significant flooding, and dozens of wrecked boats littering the harbor.

DJCgadtXgAA13zZ.jpg:large

Last edited:

diachi

DJCgadtXgAA13zZ.jpg:large

You already posted that. :p

Apparently several of the most solid government buildings have been destroyed. :(

Latest satellite imagery from NOAA, Jose visible behind Irma, still some Wx visible out on the east coast of Mexico too:

fb7jpVG.gif

Current forecast from NOAA:

145453_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Edit: Latest Image from NOAA (will update automatically when NOAA updates it, may need to clear your cache [SHIFT+Refresh]):

rgb-l.jpg

Latest RADAR from Puerto Rico (will also update to the latest loop automatically, may need to clear your cache [SHIFT+Refresh]):

JUA_loop.gif

Do we have any members in Puerto Rico? :(

Last edited:
I'm so glad I moved away from the Gulf back in the late 1970s. I had my fill of hurricanes before then and there have been so many I wouldn't have missed had I stayed put. The worst thing we have going on is fires from all the lack of rain. It has been dumping ash on cars around here, so I need to wash my car again.

Sheer pandemonium. Gas has run out, no wood, tape, propane, water, people waiting inlines to no avail for hours I MEAN HOURS!!! 75 and 95 are parking lots with no gas. We had 20" of rain last week in less than 3 days as a stationary system plopped on us. I have generators I have gas and now putting up shutters... SUX bad!!! Just when you think the worst and believe me when I say the stress around is at the highest levels there are good people down here and it's mostly coming from the natives, YES the natives. The folks whom come down and think this is their new heaven on earth bragging to the friends last year about no snow and wearing shorts are the ones buying up copious amounts of water and anything else they might need for like a years war or sometin like that! They have no chill.... NOT all, but most of what I have seen.

Just remember those who stand calm and help one another in all ways. Most important the vendors and companies. The people at Home Depot and Lowes (not so Much) and places like the Wal-Marts, Publix's and such have been wonderful, it's alway the people that make a difference in times of need and disasters.

So say a prayer and know this sux!!!! I still have a golf course to look after and my crew. Things were looking grim until it took a easterly plot and i so do not want it to go into Miami area neither. It just a bad deal all around. -jander6442

P.S> Texas we are going to need our boats and rednecks w/their chainsaws back now please. Peace to all. Sorry for spelling and grammar I'm just to tired to care for now.

Rivem

I just got emails from some server hosts that they were shutting down in preparation for the hurricane. Never happened to me before in the last 10 years they've hosted in Florida.

I guess Miami's going to take a direct hit almost definitely which will be awful. That city isn't much better than New Orleans as far as sea level goes. Plus, it's a bit more exposed.

My family's already making evacuation plans further north.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I sincerely hope everyone will be ok. Hurricane Harvey and now this. Not good times for that coastline.
Irma has already claimed lives. Also whilst Jose is weak, it is in no doubt going to cause problems with much needed recovery and rescue as it is hot on the tail of Irma.
154730.png

Last edited:

diachi

I sincerely hope everyone will be ok. Hurricane Harvey and now this. Not good times for that coastline.
Irma has already claimed lives.

Hopefully Jose doesn't make it to areas already affected by Irma, that'd be even worse! :(

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I literally just edited with the exact same thoughts Diachi. :(
Jose seems to be tracking the same path.

Rivem

I literally just edited with the exact same thoughts Diachi. :(
Jose seems to be tracking the same path.

That's really worrying me too. I just hate that this hurricane season is also far from over, so there's no telling when we'll see the end of these powerful storms for the year. Hopefully we go back into a lull soon.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I wish I could say you're wrong there but I can't. I just hope that the places affected get a chance to save any stranded and injured survivors between storms.

Damned Hurrycane :mad:

IT's spelled HURRICANE, a Hurrycane is a walking aid for people who need it that has some innovations as seen on TV, misspelling it like that in your 2 word post gives the appearance of apathy rather than ignorance.

But you were ignorant as to the spelling Right? Certainly you are not apathetic as to peoples suffering.

---EDIT---

I hope it turns back out to sea and dissipates, also watch out for fake donation scams, I know Wal-Mart is matching donations that you can make at the cash register for hurricane Harvey, likely they will do the same for Irma.

Last edited:

GSS

Fake donation scams for people in crisis:yabbmad: The lowest of the low:yabbmad:
Ace Hardware has a Red Cross donation setup also..
I can't say what you people are going through as iv'e yet to live it, but sincere well wishes and overall safety:can:

diachi

Fake donation scams for people in crisis:yabbmad: The lowest of the low:yabbmad:
Ace Hardware has a Red Cross donation setup also..
I can't say what you people are going through as iv'e yet to live it, but sincere well wishes and overall safety:can:

The other one I see is people on Twitter using hashtags relating to emergencies/catastrophes etc to push ads and other unrelated stuff.

"Check out my latest fail video on YouTube! Subscribe! Buy my stuff! #HurricaneIrma"

:yabbmad: