Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Howdy from Texas

This is defiantly the most resourceful place on this subject that I've found. Looking forward to talked to some of you about a project I'm working on. Looking to burn some soft materials from 30-50 feet or 10-15 meters away.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Mcreefer! :beer:
Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here.

Be sure to have and use appropriate safety glasses/goggles for whatever laser you choose!

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. :)
For long distance burning, the most important factor you need to consider is divergence and then power.
For over 10m you would have to look into beam expanding for the laser to do anything practical.
What 'soft' materials are you hoping to burn and why?

Edit: Found this video for now at 5m.

I will update if I can find a better video.

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to the Forum...
Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe.

Jerry

welcome from Lake Jackson--join our Tx group a possible Laser Meet may happen last week of Oct..(Pearland)
info at the group.==you NEVER want to pass one of these meets up..
LoneStarLaserFans
invite coming.

Hak

We can thank Harvey for causing the Oct TEXLEM to cancel .
.The empty donated home got thigh-deep flooded--a offer by Texas to 'buy-out'... so w/ that and insurance-- AixiZ came out OK.
MY CRYSTAL Ball tells me the next big TEXLEM will be in DFW area.... Some awesome members up that way. But if a 'venue' pops up-- it will be closer to Houston..

If you host (or co-host) a LEM you get to sleep at home. And drive very little...choosing the right place is an art of is own.. LOTS to consider--PM w/LEM questions.