Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to use paypal over LPF?

I don't have an account, (I don't want to make one) I know that you can use guest checkout, but how would i go about buying something from another person over the forum? I searched around the forum for an answer, but i didn't find anything specifically for what i want.. Any help?:yh:

Things

You need to create a paypal account, then, when you log in, you'll see an option for "Send Money" at the top.

DTR

If they have an account have them send you an Invoice. It can only be goods but then you can pay with a credit/debit card without having to make an account.:beer:

I don't have an account, (I don't want to make one)

Welcome to the 21st century, my friend. :beer:

Seriously though, PayPal is super-legit. If you're super paranoid about it, just set up a bank account that you only use for Paypal/online purchases, that way you can keep the bare minimum in there and not have to worry about people getting access to your money.

Welcome to the 21st century, my friend. :beer:

Seriously though, PayPal is super-legit. If you're super paranoid about it, just set up a bank account that you only use for Paypal/online purchases, that way you can keep the bare minimum in there and not have to worry about people getting access to your money.

Which is exactly what some of us do;)

Of course it's still safer to fund paypal through a credit card whenever making a purchase. Also if you do take the route of setting up an account strictly for paypal, make sure that you opt out of any overdraft protection.

Last edited:

CDHDC

Don't forget to set up a separate email account for your notifications, so your wife doesn't bust you;) LOL!

Don't forget to set up a separate email account for your notifications, so your wife doesn't bust you;) LOL!

HAHA, learned that the hard way. :whistle:

The majority of the laser hobby activities uses PP, so its a good idea to make an account. Like others have said, make another checking account just for PP. When you want to make a purchase its easy to transfer the money from one account to the PP account.

Just set up a PayPal account, it takes less than 1 minute and you'll find plenty of other uses for it.