Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to clean a lenz?

Hey guyz,i ve recently bought ANOTHER 303 laser and i ve got a problem,there are a lot of dots near the beam,can you help me out?
I ve tried compressed air and everything.

Nexgen

I’m afraid, but only new lens will help. Those 303 lenses last a few days before they get out of use. They all tend to get dirty and you can’t really make them clean again. You get what you pay for.

Conclusion: Don’t buy 303

Last edited:
Oh...It s my first laser ,bc the last one got fucked up after 15 mins and i sended back to the seller for a good one...well..it supposed to be a good one.Soo is there any way to clean the lens?

Is the focus adjustable? If so, focus it to a fine point and you wont see the dots.

GSS

I’m afraid, but only new lens will help. Those 303 lenses last a few days before they get out of use. They all tend to get dirty and you can’t really make them clean again. You get what you pay for.

Conclusion: Don’t buy 303
Not really true, I have a couple 303's going on 3 years and the only reason the spot looked bad on one of mine was when I tried to clean it even though it was fine..Don't touch something if it ain't broke..All lasers lenses "tend to get dirty".
Roby, cheap and all,, these 303's aren't to bad. Alien Laser ran one 5 minutes straight with no issues and even dunked one in water and it still worked. "Yes" the water clogged the lens but still. "Don't try this by the way":can:
You must be doing something wrong to being having the same issue's??
The cans of compressed air will leave some foam type of spots.
Define the spots? Are you sure you don't have the "star" lens cap on?

Last edited:
Hey guyz,i ve recently bought ANOTHER 303 laser and i ve got a problem,there are a lot of dots near the beam,can you help me out?
I ve tried compressed air and everything.
A clear picture of what it looks like on a
white surface would also be helpful.

Jerry

You can use a camera pump or a vacuum works also, just make sure to hold the laser when using a vacuum :)

Encap

100% of your 13 posts are about bad low end laser lens problems. :crackup:

Would be good idea for you to do a Welcome post in the Welcome sub-forum.

Return it for a better example/another "good" one or maybe try a different vendor if you can get a refund.

Is a gamble - some good , some bad with those low end mass produce lasers that sell for about the same price of a good cup of coffee. $5 to $10.

Alternative is to buy a better quality laser.
When you are ready for an excellent laser see:
https://www.jetlasers.org/
and
https://www.sanwulasers.org/

PS Sanwu also sells tested high output laser 100mW laser 304s at $18
see: https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/304

Last edited: