Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How strong is my green laser?

Arshus

You'll never know exactly without metering the laser. There are a few simple tests you can administer to try and estimate the power, but that would only give you a ballpark figure.

-Sal

Looks to be about 300 Watts! Be careful you could burn the place down!

On a serious note, its impossible to tell from photos. Looks to be a cheap green laser so I expect it to not be too strong. Probably in the range of 20-50mw. The only accurate way to tell is to test it on a calibrated laser power meter.

Though there are a few things you can do to maybe get a ballpark estimate with those cheapo greens.

Does it sting your skin if you hold it there for a few seconds? If so its probably 40mW+
Does it light a sharpied match? If it does then its probably 75mW+

If it doesn't do any of that then, its just a low powered greenie. Though general lower powered ebay pens are 20-30mW.

Posting pictures is perhaps the least accurate thing you can do. Send it to someone with a LPM, that thread DJNY linked is your best option.

Which laser is more powerful?

attachment.php

attachment.php

These are the same laser! But the first pic is more powerful as it kinda overheated and dropped in power for the second picture as I found my water mist sprayer.

Attachments

• PC150029.JPG
    PC150029.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,398
  • PC150030.JPG
    PC150030.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,449

ARG

Get in on an LPM if you want to find the power, either one from somebody in the thread DJNY linked, or buy your own.