Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How old are we?

How old are we?

• 13 and under

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • 14-17

Votes: 127 24.1%
  • 18-22

Votes: 129 24.4%
  • 23-30

Votes: 101 19.1%
  • 31-40

Votes: 79 15.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 46 8.7%
  • 51-60

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • +60

Votes: 12 2.3%

• Total voters
I need a birthday. I thought turning 50 (March) it would be a bigger deal but all I hear is "if you are over 50 ....." when they actually mean 50 and over. It's weird because I can't say I'm over 50 but I'm usually in that group. They just don't bother to say 50 and over.

I have one coming up. You can take it. I don't really like birthdays.

ped

The ONLY people who know my BirthDATE are my immediate family.

And even they know not to make a fuss as I'm as total Introvert.

I'm kind of tempted to book a solo trip away for my birthday. Idea of just having a drink, a vape, and listening to a book on the beach is very appealing.

ped

^^ almost word for word what I did when I went to Amsterdam in June, minus he beach part.

I prefer going on holiday on my my own, I also went to Saint Raphael in the South of France earlier in the year on my own, and I'm going to Albufeira on the Algarve on Monday ...I love travelling on my own, and the the little vape "pen" means I get no withdrawal symptoms in flight :) .

Last edited:
The ONLY people who know my BirthDATE are my immediate family.

And even they know not to make a fuss as I'm as total Introvert.

I had no idea you're an introvert. I think a lot of people are more so then ever these days. Probably the advancement in technology has much to do with it seeing how we can communicate in many ways without actually being in someones presence.

ped

Yep. I don't even apologize for it anymore. On the staff night's out ect I tell them I won't be attending as I'm an introvert.

It's normally met with an awkward , blank look..so I explain and they kinda go err..ok.

gozert

I'm quite the introvert too. I don't seem like it at first sight though. People that don't know me well tend to say that I'm a very social guy. I rarely ever go out and stopped celebrating birthdays as well.

Now you all know why I'm on this forum so much, ditto to that statement.

^^ almost word for word what I did when I went to Amsterdam in June, minus he beach part.

I prefer going on holiday on my my own, I also went to Saint Raphael in the South of France earlier in the year on my own, and I'm going to Albufeira on the Algarve on Monday ...I love travelling on my own, and the the little vape "pen" means I get no withdrawal symptoms in flight :) .

Easier to split the planning, and costs, if you're not traveling alone, but it's also much easier to just do whatever you want on vacation.

To me the only awkward part is the dinner at a restaurant, but I'm basically immune to the strange looks at this point :)

Get no withdrawal symptoms at all... I'll have one day, take a day off, go back whenever. For the most part vaping is my excuse for lots of breaks at work like the smokers take :eg:

The most annoying part of flying is that after ~8+hours my gluteus starts to feel sore.

gozert

Funny how I, as a Dutch citizen, have never been in Amsterdam for anything other than traveling abroad by plane. Guess this country just doesn't interest me at all. I'd love to explore the US and Canada some day though.

Last edited:
Yep. I don't even apologize for it anymore. On the staff night's out ect I tell them I won't be attending as I'm an introvert.

It's normally met with an awkward , blank look..so I explain and they kinda go err..ok.

I'm quite the introvert too. I don't seem like it at first sight though. People that don't know me well tend to say that I'm a very social guy. I rarely ever go out and stopped celebrating birthdays as well.

Now you all know why I'm on this forum so much, ditto to that statement.

Technology hasn't helped us much either :undecided:

GSS

Okay this thread is a bit old but need to say that bit by bit im learning the ages of members Most of the vets know this allready but im just finding out and im just amazed that some of them are in their teens. Lehap I knew from the start but Micheal Rosen, Gabe, Will manners and others that I havent mentioned, beyond being astounded by your laser knowledge ive gotten lets say like life lessons from you all, so you can imagine the surprise when finding out. Yes its a computers world now and children need to learn and im the first to admit that I give my digital watch to my neighbors 10 year old to set (a tiny bit exagerated) but you all bring it to a new level. Lets hope you continue this maturity and brains into your adulthood :)

It would be funny to see what people think your age is based on the way you act on the forums :)

58 this month and no all you young snappers, i'm not old yet, but if you think I am it's just because you are so damn young.