Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How is Wicked lasers?

VW

CNI are good enough for me when it comes to cheap blue and green lasers. If I wanted high grade stuff I would just go to Optotronics or OEM. If I wanted a red, I would build it my self, get it built for me, or buy a Dilda. I see no reason to spend so much money on something that, in reality could either be bought cheaper, or built to work at just as good of a standard (by some, of course). Thier lack of respect for the overall community puts me off straght away...

I bought a WL Fusion back in the days when I was a laser noob. I metered it and it puts out 70mW on average, 75mW peak. And this was advertised and sold to me as 125mW. I was dissapointed.

Last Christmas me and some friends went in on a Christmas deal and got four 5mW evo's. I thought there was no way that they could mess up a 5mW pointer. But within three weeks of receiving them, three of them stopped working entirely with no apparent cause, and the button locked up on the fourth. Returned them all, and got 4 replacements, and only one of those is still working today.

I also know a guy that bought a green Spyder II. Paid almost 2 grand, and when he metered it, it was putting out 144mW on average, 150 peak. :-/

Though I did reluctantly purchase a pair of their safety goggles on the recommendation of most of the guys here, and just today I accidentally passed a 70mW beam directly over my eye and didn't even notice until afterwards. They at least have good goggles, but supposedly that's because they don't make them themselves.

Seriously? :-?

Well, you CAN say this about WL... they've proved that it is, in fact, possible to polish a turd.

Sorry to bring back an old topic but I just bought a 95mW green from their (wicked's) executive series.
Right now it's in Shanghai...so I'm guessing it's a crappy Chinese lasers
I looked on this site and didn't see anything saying bad about wicked before hand, but now that I actually looked then I find all the good stuff.

I think I'll go with Nova this next time...Their 125 is like the same price.
I see that they're more liked here, too. Correct?
Any problems with Nova's 125s?

artix

dvdg101 said:
Sorry to bring back an old topic but I just bought a 95mW green from their (wicked's) executive series.
Right now it's in Shanghai...so I'm guessing it's a [highlight]crappy Chinese lasers[/highlight]
I looked on this site and didn't see anything saying bad about wicked before hand, but now that I actually looked then I find all the good stuff.

All lasers are made in China. Except DIY lasers ::)

And no, I haven't herd of any problems with the X125.

hydrogenman15 said:
Wicked lasers has a site called laser community were they edit posts to make them look good. If anybody says anything good about another company or says anything that will undermine there business they will either edit to say
"dragon lasers wicked lasers is a good company". They will also ban people sometimes to get rid of them. There community is nothing more then an advertisement. :p

I've seen some pretty bad reviews about them like the review of the TORCH and how the bulb and wires fried up, well it definitely burned but I didn't know it was Torch that burned. ;D

My advice is don't buy from them. Go with dragon lasers or NOVA lasers because there lasers are cheaper and always over spec.  

--hydro15
Correction, Dragon Lasers are almost always up to spec, and rarely overspec. I suggest Nova.

Artix said:
[quote author=LRMNmeyer link=1225009600/0#7 date=1225043547][quote author=bobobob121 link=1225009600/0#6 date=1225042666]the only thing good on their site is their wicked shades
Also: I've heard the Core is good.[/quote]

Yeah! I like my core!

(I got it for free because they said that if I write a positive review of my pulsar, they would give me it! And they did! ;D)[/quote]
To WickedFanboy Named Artix:

The least they could do is give you a Core, for the price of that damn pulsar.

Artix said:
[quote author=dvdg101 link=1225009600/0#19 date=1229643835]Sorry to bring back an old topic but I just bought a 95mW green from their (wicked's) executive series.
Right now it's in Shanghai...so I'm guessing it's a [highlight]crappy Chinese laser[/highlight]

All lasers are made in China.  Except DIY lasers ::)

And no, I haven't herd of any problems with the X125.[/quote]

I was stressing "crappy" lol
and thanks for the advice.
After xmas will be when I get my 125.
Hopefully the 95 will be somewhat satisfactory - hopefully I can still mess with people
edit: lasers that can cause damage are not toys, im a careful guy (who still has fun)
but yeah
night time will be fun either way i hope
I'm thinking Nova X-series x125 ... (probably the wrong section to ask but) any thoughts on the particular item?

Thanks

dvdg101 said:
[quote author=Artix link=1225009600/20#20 date=1229646727][quote author=dvdg101 link=1225009600/0#19 date=1229643835]Sorry to bring back an old topic but I just bought a 95mW green from their (wicked's) executive series.
Right now it's in Shanghai...so I'm guessing it's a [highlight]crappy Chinese laser[/highlight]

All lasers are made in China.  Except DIY lasers ::)

And no, I haven't herd of any problems with the X125.[/quote]

I was stressing "crappy" lol
and thanks for the advice.
After xmas will be when I get my 125.
Hopefully the 95 will be somewhat satisfactory - hopefully I can still mess with people
edit: lasers that can cause damage are not toys, im a careful guy (who still has fun)
but yeah
night time will be fun either way i hope
I'm thinking Nova X-series x125 ... (probably the wrong section to ask but) any thoughts on the particular item?

Thanks[/quote]
The Nova X125 is amazing quality!
My X125 settles down at 150mW.

Artix said:
[quote author=dvdg101 link=1225009600/0#19 date=1229643835]Sorry to bring back an old topic but I just bought a 95mW green from their (wicked's) executive series.
Right now it's in Shanghai...so I'm guessing it's a [highlight]crappy Chinese lasers[/highlight]

All lasers are made in China.[/quote]
RPL's are made in the USA.

LRMNmeyer said:
[quote author=Artix link=1225009600/20#20 date=1229646727][quote author=dvdg101 link=1225009600/0#19 date=1229643835]Sorry to bring back an old topic but I just bought a 95mW green from their (wicked's) executive series.

All lasers are made in China.[/quote]
[/quote]
O RLY? ::)

They are imprted to the USA, and then sent to you and me from Optotronics.
Optotronics does not make RPLs. They buy them in bulk.
RPLs are manufactured by Viasho, which is in China.

daguin

Spyderz20x6 said:
All lasers are made in China.

O RLY? ::)

They are imprted to the USA, and then sent to you and me from Optotronics.
Optotronics does not make RPLs. They buy them in bulk.
RPLs are manufactured by Viasho, which is in China.

I think the only part that Optotronics even claims is made in the US is the IR diode.

Peace,
dave

darmom

My first (and only) >5mw laser was from Wicked. I thought I had done research, by searching google and reading the "other" forum. I didn't know until I found this place that the other forum was owned by WL. Their units look nice too, so I went for it. Early on it would occasionally flicker. I didn't think much of it. I recently pulled it out of the drawer and it was DEAD. Less than a year old and I probably have a total of 15 or 20 minutes of actual runtime on this unit. Very upsetting. The warranty period had passed, but they offered to replace it for half price. I guess it's nice of them to offer that, but my experience combined with the overall opinion of the "in the know" folks on this board, has led me away from them. Right now, laserless, I'm debating between gambling on a bargain at skylasers or spending a bit more and getting an Alpha 65 at Nova. The Alpha seems like more of a "sure thing" since it's US legal and made by Nova.

darmom said:
My first (and only) >5mw laser was from Wicked.  I thought I had done research, by searching google and reading the "other" forum.  I didn't know until I found this place that the other forum was owned by WL.  Their units look nice too, so I went for it. Early on it would occasionally flicker. I didn't think much of it.  I recently pulled it out of the drawer and it was DEAD.  Less than a year old and I probably have a total of 15 or 20 minutes of actual runtime on this unit.  Very upsetting.  The warranty period had passed, but they offered to replace it for half price.  I guess it's nice of them to offer that, but my experience combined with the overall opinion of the "in the know" folks on this board, has led me away from them.  Right now, laserless, I'm debating between gambling on a bargain at skylasers or spending a bit more and getting an Alpha 65 at Nova.  The Alpha seems like more of a "sure thing" since it's US legal and made by Nova.
Go with the Alpha ;)