Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I do it!!! (M-140 soldering)

I have the M-140 module from DTR (3 leads sticking out) and a mohgasm C6 JAD kit with a preinstalled driver (2 leads sticking out).

Basically I need to solder red to red, black to black. How do I do that and heatshrink it if the bottom of the module (Where the wires come out) touches the bottom of the driver pill... Basically no room to put wires!

**I know I need to cut the wires down to size but what size, how, etc) Thanks!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 121
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 118
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

daguin

In the C6 host, you DO NOT use the back 1/2 of the AixiZ module

Simply unscrew the back part off

That will leave you with just the front piece (with the diode) and plenty of room inside the front to store the wires

Do you know how to assemble the C6 without twisting up the wires?

Peace,
dave

That will leave you with just the front piece (with the diode) and plenty of room inside the front to store the wires

Peace,
dave

lol yes what he said :p

Peace,
dave

So I clip off the white wire?? Do I heatshrink the tip? or doesn't matter?

Also, why are the 3 tips of red,black,white soldered at the tip together on the M-140?

Last edited:

daguin

So I clip off the white wire?? Do I heatshrink the tip? or doesn't matter?

Also, why are the 3 tips of red,black,white soldered at the tip together on the M-140?

You do not need that case wire in the C6 host (in a 445nm build)
Just snip it off or leave it be
It does nothing

They are soldered together during storage and transport to protect the diode from ESD

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I remember my first build ;). Hope you come out OK, remember what Dave said, DO NOT
twist those wires!

the laser isn't very bright for some reason, maybe gotta charge the batteries ;)

Everything is done, connected and heatshrinked (soldered also).

I'm using an 18650 (3.7V). I know this makes the laser only output like a 1/3 of it's potential, but it's what I have at the moment... The thing is, this laser makes a realllllllllllllllly weak dot. Like those 5mW red lasers make a way brighter dot... Also, is there a way to focus it to infinity?

Is it because my battery is dead? I'm charging it, but the charger is green, indicating the battery is charged

Last edited:

daguin

Get the right batteries

Until you do that, you really cannot tell anything

Peace,
dave

Get the right batteries

Until you do that, you really cannot tell anything

Peace,
dave

The dot isn't even visible 10 feet away inside at night...
And once again, can't seem to set this to infinity... Is it possible?

Last edited:

daguin

You can get the correct batteries or you can whine

Which do you think has the best chance of making your laser work?

Peace,
dave

You can get the correct batteries or you can whine

Which do you think has the best chance of making your laser work?

Peace,
dave

Daguin. I understand the RIGHT batteries make the laser work at it's normal potential. I was also told that using the wrong battery would let it work normally but with a very low mW output. (my 18650 3.7v)

Last edited:

daguin

Listen, Daguin. I understand the RIGHT batteries make the laser work at it's normal potential. I was also told that using the wrong battery would let it work normally but with a very low mW output. (my 18650 3.7v)

So give up and throw it out the window

I've told you the first step in figuring out if it has a problem or not

If you choose to ignore my advice, have a great life

I CAN guarantee you that whining about it will do NOTHING towards figuring out if it has a problem or not

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Yeah reddart but if your battery voltage isn't high enough for the driver to run the diode properly you get a significant if not total drop in ma. Which would make you get little or no light, you have a little. Try somewhere in between like 2x c123 3v. That's how I run my a140 on low @6V to the driver instead of 7.2-8.4V (depending on charge)

Last edited:
Yeah reddart but if your battery voltage isn't high enough for the driver to run the diode properly you get a significant if not total drop in ma. Which would make you get little or no light, you have a little. Try somewhere in between like 2x c123 3v. That's how I run my a140 on low @6V instead of 7.2-8.4V (depending on charge)

Thanks :) It's an explanation like that I needed. I already ordered 2x 18350 (3.7V 1200mAh) rechargeable off DX... hopefully they'll arrive within this millennium! :crackup: