Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How did you find this forum?

I wanted to know how most of you found this forum, and got into lasers. I personally saw a video on youtube of a laser lighting a match, and thought "hey thats awesome". in the description, there was this forum.

I saw the mini mag flaslight hack were he turns it into a laser. I looked up more videos of how to do it on youtube and somone said not to do that and got to here to do it the right way, altho even with a driver they only lived for a week.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

I saw a YouTube vid. Then - a few weeks after coming here, I posted one - of me lighting a match, and mentioned LPF in the description. I wonder if it was mine you saw? :)

Dave

first, i saw kipkay's instructable on the minmag hack, and i was fascinated by it. i looked how to make lasers on youtube and found styropyro's vid on making a simple diode driver just from a pot. i kept asking him questions until he directed me here, so thanks styropyro!

I saw Kipkay's instructable on the minimag hack, LarryQ talked about this forums that was how I get here. Thanks LarryQ. :D

lol what's funny is how we all talk about kipkay like he's a criminal for advertising an unregulated circuit for a diode, but he's the reason why a lot of us got into lasers in the first place!

instrutables on the kipkay hack... I was arguing with the smart people, the ones saying don't do it.

Razako

I found this forum while looking through some youtube videos.

I found it (LPF) searching for lasers & for information on them online. Sure glad Google got me here!  :)