Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How can I make this?

ok, I came across this video a long time ago and was just amazed:bowdown: I probably watched this video 100 times (no joke) and every time it dosent get the least bit any less entertaining. So now what would I need and what kind of money would I need to make this. Please help me out guys, I have been wondering for a long time and just think its so amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgMwGsiYwbk

Thanks,
Trever

Last edited:

Toke

What video?

(You may want to describe the content as well as link to it, not everybody have to patience to watch unknown videos.)

What video?

(You may want to describe the content as well as link to it, not everybody have to patience to watch unknown videos.)
damn am i really that stupid to forget to post the video :thinking:.... I guess so

You wont be able to "make" anything like that(xy galvo)....If you want to buy that, it costs ~200usd for the cheapest scanset....then you need software+lasers+mounts+optics+wiring etc....etc...etc

Read.

Last edited:
i am going with
20k galvos
home made mounts
flex mod drivers
home made modules
dr. lava stuff
and more

i don't have a program to run it all yet and i havent started building it yet and i am at 1000usd.

and that is just the monetary isssue. then you have 10's or 100's of man hours building mechanical stuff and aligning the beams, then all the hours if you are going to teach yourself to use the software then all the hours to make your own show frame by frame to a song. lol.

Well, I have found a page that pretty much says everything about it. But can someone please break this down for me to understand

Thanks,
Trever

a 1 color projector is easier because you just point the laser at the galvos. but you still need the controller software, and a driver. and patience.

michael.

a 1 color projector is easier because you just point the laser at the galvos. but you still need the controller software, and a driver. and patience.

michael.
I want to make one just like the one in the video, so ya it would be one color

either read the useless replies in this thread or go read the stickies on making your own show... but either way you are reading LOL>.....

Meet us half way here trever22. We're not going to hold your hand through the entire process. Your questions are like asking how to make model airplanes on an RC forum because you saw some video on Youtube. It takes money, dedication, and above all a lot of research. Go do some reading on your own and then come back once you have some more specific questions.