Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How can I identify this laser diode?

How can I know about the laser power input and output, impedance, model, etc about this diode; I don't have a start point, books, articules, any information is useful. Thanks.
Captura.JPG

Encap

From that photo? What laser diode--there is no laser diode in the photo? FYI, nothing + nothing is still nothing.

If your time is worth nothing you can attempt tp power it up and/or disassemble the entire thing and figure out what it is, if you have the skills, knowledge, test equiptment required to do so.

From that photo? What laser diode--there is no laser diode in the photo? FYI, nothing + nothing is still nothing.

If your time is worth nothing you can attempt tp power it up and/or disassemble the entire thing and figure out what it is, if you have the skills, knowledge, test equiptment required to do so.
Got it!

Removing the glass, this package is totally unnkown for me... I'm able to identify the P-N junction, but there's no code, no number.

Captura2.JPGCaptura3.JPGCaptura4.JPG

Actually, yes, lol, well... I don't really remember where I found it, in fact I used it in an tracking with the Pi and it has an excelent resolution, there was an 62ohm SMD resistor in the input, could this be a clue?; separating the cells I found the Junctions, P-N, but also other caps, my question is: for what reason this caps are made of? what's their function? I should assume that this laser diode model isn't regulated by any kind of moderator? what could be the model of glass?
Captura5.JPG
You pulled this out of a 41¢ keychain, didn't you?

HCRxftY.gif

Just... throw it away, pal. It barely qualified as a toy when it was assembled. Now it's a pile of scrap.

Hi,
That what your showing us looks like a diode that comes out of a 405nm sled . The sled contain a 405 and a small red diode.
When I salvaged a 405 from the sled this is whats left a low power red .
Rich:)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Na it's one of those dollar store key chains. They have a dim white LED and a red laser. Two buttons for each function. I got a few new ones saved somewhere. Maybe I'll look for one and post pics. They don't last.

Na it's one of those dollar store key chains. They have a dim white LED and a red laser. Two buttons for each function. I got a few new ones saved somewhere. Maybe I'll look for one and post pics. They don't last.
Hi,
What I was just saying is there is a small red included in the 405nm sleds that looks exactly like that. I disassembled quite a few sleds in the past . And that was left in the sled. I agree about it came out of a keychain laser, but there are the same diode in a 405nm sled.
Rich:)