Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Homemade deathray

Reallifelaserguns

That’s a nice idea for a next project, I will think about it. If it succeeds I’ll of course will have to post it on another kind of forum.

Edit: I did some research and if I am going to try it, I will probablyuse Thorium instead of Uranium. Not only it is more safe but it’s also much easier to get then Uranium.

Last edited:

diachi

That’s a nice idea for a next project, I will think about it. If it succeeds I’ll of course will have to post it on another kind of forum.

Edit: I did some research and if I am going to try it, I will probablyuse Thorium instead of Uranium. Not only it is more safe but it’s also much easier to get then Uranium.

smallfreak

Yes, go ahead. Kill yourself as you like. But try to not harm others.

Really, when I watched your video how you shoot at the target in front of your window, I was glad not to live in your neighborhood. I don't want to imagine how often this beam went out of the window, probably hitting the house in the background. You don't even seem to have a clue that your "toy" is emmitting dangerous radiation, when it is suposed to be off. And other than the fictive Star-Wars Lightsaber, the beam does not stop within a meter, but goes on thousands of miles in a tiny fraction of a second. There is no "safe distance" for a 40W Laser. There is a good reason why these are mounted in a shielded environment.

If I eventually meet you in person, I certainly won't hand you anything as powerful as a box of matches because smart as you may be, you don't seem grown up enough to take the responsibility that goes with handing powerful things.

DashApple

Window looks shut to me , Beam isn't going to pass though it in any reasonable time , Though aiming it near a window isn't the best idea regardless : /

Op - What's the beam size like ? On my 60W the beam was around 1" in diameter about 22 feet away , I did do a semi portable 20W Co2 laser a while back , needed the DC to AC to make it fully " portable " , Nice work on the build .

Last edited:

Anthony P

LPF Site Supporter
Cloudray Laser sells a beam combiner mirror used for aiming. They do not use the word dichroic, but it is the same technique used in most RGB modules to mix beams.