Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Home laser ablation

crspooner

I have used my 1W blue laser to burn off a number of little red moles... After they scab over and fall off I'm left with a barely visible scar but otherwise clean skin. Any thoughts?

J3F9o.gif

The united states medical system, ladies and gentlemen. Where people take the stupidest risks to avoid going bankrupt from bills.

Seriously, I can't believe I have to say this, but please don't burn yourself with a laser pointer. Moles are potentially cancerous, and mutilating them isn't in the same category as medically controlled laser ablation administered by a professional. Your antics could literally get you killed.

What's next - "lasik with a 1W blue"? Stop it. This is embarrassing.

Neato. Personally, I prefer to use a soldering iron. I will sometimes use a map gas torch depending on the size of the mole.
Try the arc welder with a 3/32 6011 electrode. That ought to burn it off
Seriously, you need a much.bigger laser for burning off moles and warts. You'll want it to burn off in one zap. Go get the one the doctor uses. Using a one watt pointer is self torture.

Last edited:
vq8SD5T.jpg

I suppose you think picking up a scalpel makes you a surgeon as well? Don't make me laugh.
They actually them on EBay and other sites. But should you choose to use it on yourself, you are on your own. I was advocating use the right tool for the right job. You wouldn't use a hammer for a screwdriver would you? You could but you might not get the best results

Last edited: