Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Holy @#$%... $100 488nm diode!!

DTR

Re: Holy @#$%... $120 488nm diode!!

I have a lot of time to deal with it via paypal if it comes to that so not so worried there. Also it is expected in trying new sources or new products that occasionally you get burnt. If you can't accept that this is the wrong hobby to be in.

Sta

Thank you Jordan. I can only hope this works out without too much trouble for you.
How many diodes did you purchase in your test batch?
I'd rep you for taking that risk, but the forum won't let me.

I've done it instead, you can rest easy now. :D

If you look on OSRAM's website here Cyan Laser | Visible Laser | OSRAM Opto Semiconductors
you will see that the diodes are in the preliminary stage, which means OSRAM is not in full production of these diodes yet. The company Sta emailed called "semicom" is nowhere to be found on OSRAM's website which is fishy to me. I emailed the supplier portal on OSRAM's website to get to the bottom of it. If I can get into contact with OSRAM I will be sure to let you all know.

I would be hesitant about that. We haven't always gotten our diodes via the most legitimate way.

There are a handful of cease and desist letters out there for that very reason.

It is completely possible that these diodes have appeared via a leak, or some other bizarre method. Otherwise, they wouldn't be this cheap. Let's just let DTR handle his business, no need for too many cooks in the kitchen just yet.

Sta

I would be hesitant about that. We haven't always gotten our diodes via the most legitimate way.

It is completely possible that these diodes have appeared via a leak, or some other bizarre method. Otherwise, they wouldn't be this cheap. Let's just let DTR handle his business, no need for too many cooks in the kitchen just yet.

Agreed, bloompyle. Good points.

DTR

You will see that the diodes are in the preliminary stage, which means OSRAM is not in full production of these diodes yet.

Those are not very accurate. I don't think they update them very well as I have seen diodes say that which were in full production. The only status they seem to update with great accuracy is the discontinued status or whatever they call it. Have not looked in a while.

How many diodes did you purchase in your test batch?

Osram is not that hard ass like N*****. I have got direct quotes from them in the past and they did not have any problem dealing with me. But just like N***** you go to them with a quote under 100K pieces you get a very high price. Maybe not as bad as N***** but high enough to pool with third parties that can order in those quantities or buy from other third parties that do.

Sta

If this turns out to be real, please don't sell anyone more than one diode from the test batch. We've got to ration them! :p
Osram is not that hard ass like N*****.
Any non-laserist would probably be appalled at the content of this sentence. I wonder what the newbies think we're saying when we censor N*****... :D

If this turns out to be real, please don't sell anyone more than one diode from the test batch. We've got to ration them! :p

Any non-laserist would probably be appalled at the content of this sentence. I wonder what the newbies think we're saying when we censor N*****... :D

Haha, at first I was like WOW! I then took an extra second and realized that is the company we must not speak of :yh:

-Alex

Last edited:

Sta

Haha, at first I was like WOW! I then took an extra second and realized that is the company we must not speak of :yh:

-Alex

Avery has got to add a word filter to auto-censor the company that shall not be named to "N*****." :D

-Alex

Yes, we could make it a habit to say N-company. :)

Most people just add numbers and stuff.
N 1 C H 1 A
N1C H1A
NICHolAs

I'm sure there are ways to go about it that don't look nearly as bad as N*****. Please, do not use N****a. That's even worse.

Avery has got to add a word filter to auto-censor the company that shall not be named to "N*****." :D

Lol, I think he did that with "*********" once for legal reasons or something

Edit: well, I guess the filter is still in place lol. Any vets care to enlighten us as to why "Spaghətti" is censored?

Last edited:

Sta

Re: GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

Lol, I think he did that with "*********" once for legal reasons or something

With whaaaaaat? Seems it's still censored.

(Also, censoring o***m does not look much better than n*****. :crackup:)

S.e.x

Is that censored? Testing :yh:
Edit: Yep

-Alex

Last edited:

Sta

Re: GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

S.e.x

Is that censored? Testing :yh:
Edit: Yep

-Alex

I think we had better get back to the subject of 488nm diodes. :shhh: