Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Holding] New G7 lens GB with 9mm/8.8mm holder

Podo

The price would be around 10 with lens mounted in a m9x0.5 holder. (the supplier's lowered the price.)

It fits for any normal aixiz build.

It's welcomed for someone to become a distributor and gather the GB fund to cut down the shipping cost and GB price. Paypal only.

For some of you not knowing which lens I am referring to:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/doom-3-elements-new-g-series-lens-405nm-445nm-520nm-92729.html

^The post is edited with different information/updated pics now, take a look first if you still want to purchase one!

Lenses have been shipped to Thejoker301 and starlight for testing!

Last edited:

Re: New G7 lens & G2 lens GB with 9mm/8.8mm holder

Did not really understood the difference between that G7 to the G2. The picture you posted does not show any difference , can you send us some kind of details ?

Also , a closer image and measurements of the dot at a distance will be great.

:beer:

Did not really understood the difference between that G7 to the G2. The picture you posted does not show any difference , can you send us some kind of details ?

Also , a closer image and measurements of the dot at a distance will be great.

:beer:

they were different diodes. left was old gen 9mm 445nm diode, right was new gen. if they had the same lens on, the one on the right would have a much larger dot. the pic seems to demonstrate that the new lens makes the dot/divergence of the new diode as good as the old gen diode with a g lens, so presumably it would make the old gen's dot/divergence even better as well.

I'm in for at least four of them

Last edited:

rhd

Am I missing something? I don't see a photo of the actual lens. Your dot photos are nice, but where's the lens?

To say what everyone is probably thinking:

$20 to $30 might be cheaper than traditional G2 lenses, but if these lenses you've discovered are just the same "G9" lenses that we're all using, then you're pricing them at 3x to 10x what we're used to paying. I get that you're claiming "doom to 3 element lenses", but frankly, nobody is comparing lenses to the 3-element these days. The 3-element isn't your competition. Nor, to be realistic, are traditional G2 lenses.

Your competition is the "G9" or "S1" or "O-Like G2" or whatever you want to call the modern breed of single-element lens that emerged around the time of the 9mm Nichia diodes. Whatever you want to call those lenses, they're your competition, and most of the forum members here will remember that a recent group buy had them priced at under $5 bucks, if memory serves.

EDIT: Correction, they were $3 each:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/collecting-money-brand-new-s1-lenses-89768.html

So - let's see a photo of this lens. Show us what you're trying to sell.

Last edited:

ARG

I agree with RHD. I would like to see a comparison with the G9/S1/O-Like G2 lens'. Those lens' come dirt cheap these days, and if you're going to be asking $20-$30 per lens that price needs to be justified.

Podo

I would call it a early stage GB? The price ain't so cheap I got from the first and the only supplier. And the price range is just suggested for the situation that people don't seem so excited like me, only a few sign up and I ship individually with each shipping cost but I can surely buy up to 100+/200+ units to lower the GB price.

And to the G7 thread I will take some pics & measuring, What is the S1 lens?

Or maybe I should start this as a FS thread then.

Last edited:

rhd

I would call it a early stage GB? The price ain't so cheap I got from the first and the only supplier. And the price range is just suggested for the situation that people don't seem so excited like me, only a few sign up and I ship individually with each shipping cost but I can surely buy up to 100+/200+ units to lower the GB price.

And to the G7 thread I will take some pics & measuring, What is the S1 lens?

Or maybe I should start this as a FS thread then.

Frankly, if you're running this as a Group Buy, then you should be a whole lot more transparent about your actual purchase price (ie, what you're actually paying), because those lenses look like standard S1 / G9 / OLike G2 / "whatever you want to call them" single element lenses to me. In other words, they look like the lenses most of us are using, and that are dirt cheap and widely available already.

If they are, then either your supplier is taking you for a ride and quoting you the world's worst price, or you found them for $3, didn't realize the forum already knew about them, and decided to try and sell them at 10x markup, described as a cheaper G2.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope it's the former, but here's where that transparency thing is important. If you were transparent up-front, nobody would make comments like mine ^.

Last edited:

Jstr

Depending on how much the price lowers, I would be in for 3 to about 6.

Edit: podo seems to know his lasers, so I trust him if he says these have half the divergence as the g2/s1 lenses. I still would like more proof, measurements and such, of this though. As for cost, I think $20 is not ideal but when you account for a DTR lens barrel, the time to mount each lens and shipping from China, its not quite a 10x markup

Last edited:

Podo

I mean yes they sells 1 lens for $8 roughly in their shop And I knew they're making a great profit from it too but in other side, they are the fastest supplier in the industry(as far as I know) to release and put up things like new diodes & lenses for sales. An extra cost to be first served rule.

Last edited:

I Still have some hope for this new lens ! but i think you should do 3 tests on atleast 2 diodes @ 10m e.g one diode with 3 element photo, g2 photo and g7 photo, and another diode with the same three photos,
If you can prove to us with good clarity that these can give a tighter beam than the "Other" (g2,g9,s1) single element lens we are using now you will have no problems selling them,
Maybe you could send 1 or 2 lens to someone with a few different diodes on hand who also has an LPM to do testing

rhd

I Still have some hope for this new lens ! but i think you should do 3 tests on atleast 2 diodes @ 10m e.g one diode with 3 element photo, g2 photo and g7 photo, and another diode with the same three photos,
If you can prove to us with good clarity that these can give a tighter beam than the "Other" (g2,g9,s1) single element lens we are using now you will have no problems selling them,
Maybe you could send 1 or 2 lens to someone with a few different diodes on hand who also has an LPM to do testing

To be clear, comparison to 3-element and traditional G2 is nice, but that's frosting.

The only truly critical test in my view is your "G7" lens alongside the $3 to $8 single element lens we're all using. If you want $20 for your lens, you need to show the forum that the lens you're selling isn't the same thing.

Podo

To be clear: G7 is exactly like 3 elements lens and the power loss is greater than G1/2 but better than 3 elements.

Edited.

Last edited:

Podo

I

The focal length is 8mm for G7 the same as 3 elements focal length , that's where the good divergence come from but 3 elements only covers maximun 5mm from the light source but G7 covers 7mm from the LD with single lens adventage.

The fastest way for me to take pics like I did in my other handheld reviews is tonight or tomorrow because I don't want to go through the trouble to take it out from my 7a75 and 7475 handheld and adjust the right focus again.

Last edited:

Nute

It would be nice if you could divulge your source, supplier, or website if indeed they are available to the public. However if they are not, disregard my previous statement. It just seems like the majority of the time here, we at least know where our group buy items are coming from, and how much we stand to benefit in savings by holding a group buy.

It's kind of like, walking downtown near a dark alley and hearing, "psst, hey you, I got the hook up on those G7's man!". None the less I am still very curious to say the least.

Podo

It would be nice if you could divulge your source, supplier, or website if indeed they are available to the public. However if they are not, disregard my previous statement. It just seems like the majority of the time here, we at least know where our group buy items are coming from, and how much we stand to benefit in savings by holding a group buy.

It's kind of like, walking downtown near a dark alley and hearing, "psst, hey you, I got the hook up on those G7's man!". None the less I am still very curious to say the least.

Nothing private on it just a aixiz-like laser parts shop in china.

Last edited:

Nute

Ok, thank you for clarifying. I can't wait to see these guys in action.