Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hobbyist LPM Comparisons

moogle

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Like Alaskan said, you won't go wrong with one of Laserbees LPMs. :yh:

The Bluefan.nl site says their store is closed for now, and their "Basic LPM Mk ll" is unavailable.

Last edited:
Problem is the amount of money he wants to spend. I'd check ebay for an old used LPM, although calibration won't be cheap, if available at all.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You're right, you can't get much in the sub $100 range; I think I'd try and save a bit more for the Laserbee AX, it's only $159.99, and Jerry has a sitewide 10% off sale going on till 12/31. :)

Last edited:
Hi Moogle:

I wholeheartedly believe that a Laserbee LPM is both a practical and affordable addition to the tool chest of laser hobbyists at all skill levels. I have a 5.2W AX3 and although it is above your price range, it has functioned flawlessly. Jerry, the owner of the company is a longtime member of this list and always responds promptly when contacted.

Since the Radiants are gone, these two are your best choice. I think the Hyperion Cuprum is ~$75.00.

Hi,
Hook up with Jerry from Laserbee, He has what you want at 69.00 + shipping under a 100 bucks.
Dive on this and you get 10% off until Dec 31, 2017.
Rich:)

moogle

Thanks for the advice!

It seems like laserbee is a good choice but the manual correction factor for he HLPM II seems a bit of a hassle. Mind you, the improved resolution is tempting over the more expensive options.

Is this likely to be a one time purchase if I take good care of the device or will it need to be recalibrated frequently? If I only need the one, then it’s easier to justify the more expensive Laserbee AX.

These being hobbyist meters should be good for years as long as you don't touch the sensor face, or focus the laser down to as small a diameter as you can, as this could burn the coating on the sensor. I keep mine all wrap up and air tight. I have four different LPMs. They have sensors from 6mm and weight a few grams to 1 inch and weighs 1.5 lbs.