Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hightechdealz up and running.

Re: Beware of Hightechdealz

Thanks for being on your toes C J . It was really kind of you to notify the Forum as well. Thanks,man !!!!!!! rob

Good thing I'm on a Mac

20081202_macvirus.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

-Tony

HIMNL9

From that pic posted, it seem a "virus/redirector" malware .....

Maybe some of his banners ads ? ..... I've found in the past that some third-parts banners that legitimated sites was loading, had trojans or redirectors inside, without that the original owner of the site had knowledge about this (mainly, cause you don't host these banners on your site, is the page script that load them from third-parts servers directly on the visitor PC, so you cannot scan them :p)

Just a possibility .....

Rafa

How old is kendall?
Dont judge people for their age ;)

Haha the guy who animated that did Retarded Animal Babies. Good animator. On Newgrounds

@ T_J... when I read the title I thought you were bashing Hightechdealz...:eek:

Me too, been away for a lil bit & return to HTDz falling from grace (or so it seemed).

Good thing I'm on a Mac

Ditto, except its Linux for me

I've bought quite a few things from him in the past and I must say that
for a kid he takes care of business pretty well...
Yea, don't recall reading any problem he didn't take care of right away.
:thinking: :evil: Reminds me of heruursciences... Kendall's age vs Chris' age... Kendall's Business Rep vs Chris' Business Rep. Age doesn't help for many.

I'm just speaking of overall customer opinion across all of their customers. I know some have had little or no problems with Chris & others... well pitchforks & gasoline come to mind. Hope I don't spark anything. I know a few feel very strongly when it comes to Chris to say the least.

Last edited:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm sure it is probably fixed by now

Gmail's spam filters are world-class.

Just sayin'

On topic - site's back up, those virus warnings are often maliciously-added scripts in a page, which are added by hackers attacking the site or the hosting provider (the hackers attacking the provider's code, not the providers adding it - worded that rather badly ;)). This kind of stuff has been seen before in some Chinese hosting companies in particular, many run dodgy copies of Windows Server, or old versions of other scripts, making the hackers' jobs easy. The code in there is particularly nasty, and often exploits flash player and IE vulnerabilities. If you browsed there with old versions of either software in the last few days without good A/V you should get your machine scanned.

Hey guys thanks for letting everyone know about this. I would send out a news letter to all my customers but I lost all records of everything when I reset my server.

I believe somehow the hacker was able to figure out an exploit while using the "send page email to someone" feature of zen cart and uploaded a virus that spread eval base64 decode code into all of the .php files on my server. The code makes the website redirect to a malware website that makes itself appear like your computer has a virus and to pay to download a program to remove the virus (aka download a virus and pay for it). The new update on zen cart handles this exploit and removes it, also I've disabled the "send page email to someone" feature as well.

I had to delete everything to get rid of that malicious code. I went through and deleted what I thought was the bad code out of 2000 php files, but that somehow didn't get rid of it. I tried upgrading zen cart (hadn't done that sooner due to my real job being busy). upgrading didn't work.

so I deleted everything, that did the trick.

I just got the site back up and functioning again, should all be safe now.

please email me at ken1645@gmail.com if you happen to find anything fishy though.

Also thankfully my brother and I were up to date on taking care of orders so all the previously ordered items have been shipped out and emails were sent out to customers with the tracking info.

I would have fixed this sooner but was out of town in Austin on training for my real job and got back yesterday.

As a result of me redoing everything on my site, I've made my prices a bit cheaper and am having 8% off sale for a week for good measure.

thanks,
Kendall

Last edited: