Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi!

Hi peoples, I've been getting steadily more into lasers of late and felt I could do with joining a forum, so here I am.
So far I've built/modded a handheld red/green "3D" laser show (only "spirograph" type patterns, ~£35-40 to make and contains a 10mw green and 50mw red)
picture130u.jpg

picture047x.jpg

... Not the best thing ever, but designed to be able to take to music festivals and be fairly rugged.
Next projects are RGB X-Y scanner and a NIF-style cigarette lighter :)
H

Welcome to the forum! By now, you've probably read the rules, faq's and stickies, and know that there is tons of DIY related info on this site. Search is your friend here, and once you have specific questions, there are many experienced members here who will help out. Be careful with a laser cigarette lighter, especially if you use IR, at cigarette lighting power levels, you will need safety goggles appropriate to the laser wavelength. It's nice to see a new member who is already building and showing results like a two-color spiro. Perhaps you could mod this by using optics from a sled to combine the red and green beams before they hit the rotating mirrors, giving you an RGY spiro ...

Last edited:
^^^ What he said ^^^^

welcome.gif
to the Forum..

Nice little "spiro" you have...
I don't live in the UK... but my money has a picture of that same woman
on it... boy she sure gets around...:D

Jerry

Combining lasers is for the next project, this was to see whether viewing the pattern through 3D anaglyph specs produced a 3D effect. It sort of does. When viewing the pattern through specs, the pattern appears to always be at a constant distance away, kind of like a HUD.
I am planning to make a further modification by using an audio driven speaker coil to alter the 2 laser's angular separation, which should result in the "3D" pattern bouncing forwards and backwards in time with the music.

And yeah, addiction is right. Started with a 10mw green, quickly got a 50mw red, now a couple of 250mw blues. On the christmas list: 50mw green, 150mw green, 250mw red and a few prisms/diffraction gratings. The master plan is to make an x-y scanning RGB laser show.

Welcome Watson to the forum :) you are apperently on the right road get that wallet ready though ! have fun !

Welcome H.W.- good to see you know where the search is. If your question is not answered there ---try Sam's FAQ. Too many newcomers do not. Another great way of saying hello to the membership and get off on the right foot is to click on 'donations' and send Ave a little $. You may even get your first +rep in the process.---Hak