Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HI! I'm a total noob

Like the subject says, I'm a total noob. I at least know not to come in here making all kinds of demands.

So how do I build a laser?

Just kidding. But really, there's so much info here, I'm on like overload right now. If there's any way to build a laser that can heat things up (even if just a little bit) with all parts from radio shack, I would be one happy camper till I got bored with it. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? I'm sure this has been asked many many times, so I apologize, but I'm not expecting an answer in this thread. Just asking for someone to tell me where to find the answer :)

I build all kinds of things, and this caught my attention tonight and I'd like to learn a lot more. But in the meantime, I'd like to have something simple to play with while I learn lots of things.

Oh yeah, I have a low low budget, i.e. the ten bucks in my wallet right now. I mean I could always get a few more bucks, but anyways it's late and I'm rambling, so I'll stop lol.

Lasers are really really cool. Thank you for having this great board.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey , welcome to LPF!!

have fun on the forum

regards
-avery

welcome,

look in the experiments and modifications thread for a decent 1st project.

Good luck

sn

FYI

I would recommend ordering the appropriate glasses / goggles for the wavelength laser you plan to build so you do not get into a situation where you have all the "goodies" and tempt yourself to get started without proper safety gear.

Enjoy
SN

Things

Yeah, youd need to get a diode from either a DVD burner, or from the site rog8811 linked too. That site has the cheapest diodes on the market. And for all the other stuff, check in the experiments and mods section, maybe in the ***threads of interest*** post.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I registered last night, made my first post, then the boards shut down! I hope it wasn't my fault... maybe it was anonymous :eek:

Things

nah, the forum has backups every now and then, just incase it really goes down, we don't loose everyhting

I got a package today, and it has a DVD burner in it, and I just ordered the Aixiz module, hopefully it won't take too long to get here :)

:cool: welcome to LPF

search around for info :)
or ask me whatever you want if u cant find it