Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi guys! I'm neeeeeew...

Luj8n

I would like to introduce myself. I'm Luj8n. If you want to known my real name - there's a hint in my nickname... (You will never guess it haha) Btw if you didn't understand - I'm new. So... do you guys have any questions? (I just don't know what to write)

Nexgen

I would like to introduce myself. I'm Luj8n. If you want to known my real name - there's a hint in my nickname... (You will never guess it haha) Btw if you didn't understand - I'm new. So... do you guys have any questions? (I just don't know what to write)

Welcome, Luj8n.
As I mentioned before, it’s good to start with less powerful laser, like 5-100 mw,
Not more than that. I recommend this because u will need to feel your laser, practice safe usage, etc.
Do you have any lasers right now? What safety glasses you use ?

Luj8n

Welcome, Luj8n.
As I mentioned before, it’s good to start with less powerful laser, like 5-100 mw,
Not more than that. I recommend this because u will need to feel your laser, practice safe usage, etc.
Do you have any lasers right now? What safety glasses you use ?

Yes I have a green laser. I don't know the exact power, but I know that it's lower than 10mW. I don't wear safety glasses bcs its power isn't that strong...(I think that I don't need to)

Welcome to the Forum..
Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe...

Jerry

Nexgen

But if you are going to purchase an over Watt laser you will definetely need protection. I recommend not to use high powered laser indoors without safety precautions. And of course a safety glasses.

Last edited:
Welcome!

As long as you're safe and sure that it is below 10mW you should be fine.
I highly recommend the Sanwu 304 series! https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/304green I recommend the 100mW green/violet just to start you off if you are into higher powered lasers. :)
You should also grab some nice and reliable laser protection goggles >here< if you decide to buy the Sanwu 304. These will help you in the long run with your green/violet.

Make sure you are familiar with the spectrum before purchasing random goggles though too. :D

Be safe!

Luj8n

But if you are going to purchase an over Watt laser you will definetely need protection. I recommend not to use high powered laser indoors without safety precautions. And of course a safety glasses.

Yeah I know that. Safety glasses will come with a laser.