Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Hi guys! I'm neeeeeew...

Luj8n

I would like to introduce myself. I'm Luj8n. If you want to known my real name - there's a hint in my nickname... (You will never guess it haha) Btw if you didn't understand - I'm new. So... do you guys have any questions? (I just don't know what to write)

Nexgen

LPF Site Supporter
I would like to introduce myself. I'm Luj8n. If you want to known my real name - there's a hint in my nickname... (You will never guess it haha) Btw if you didn't understand - I'm new. So... do you guys have any questions? (I just don't know what to write)
Welcome, Luj8n.
As I mentioned before, it’s good to start with less powerful laser, like 5-100 mw,
Not more than that. I recommend this because u will need to feel your laser, practice safe usage, etc.
Do you have any lasers right now? What safety glasses you use ?

Luj8n

Welcome, Luj8n.
As I mentioned before, it’s good to start with less powerful laser, like 5-100 mw,
Not more than that. I recommend this because u will need to feel your laser, practice safe usage, etc.
Do you have any lasers right now? What safety glasses you use ?
Yes I have a green laser. I don't know the exact power, but I know that it's lower than 10mW. I don't wear safety glasses bcs its power isn't that strong...(I think that I don't need to)

Nexgen

LPF Site Supporter
But if you are going to purchase an over Watt laser you will definetely need protection. I recommend not to use high powered laser indoors without safety precautions. And of course a safety glasses.

Last edited:

NarwhalZ

Welcome!

As long as you're safe and sure that it is below 10mW you should be fine.
I highly recommend the Sanwu 304 series! https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/304green I recommend the 100mW green/violet just to start you off if you are into higher powered lasers. :)
You should also grab some nice and reliable laser protection goggles >here< if you decide to buy the Sanwu 304. These will help you in the long run with your green/violet.

Make sure you are familiar with the spectrum before purchasing random goggles though too. :D

Be safe!

Luj8n

But if you are going to purchase an over Watt laser you will definetely need protection. I recommend not to use high powered laser indoors without safety precautions. And of course a safety glasses.
Yeah I know that. Safety glasses will come with a laser.