Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi All

Hey everybody, as you can tell, I am brand new to this forum!:wave:

I've visited this forum several times recently, as I am just starting to pick up my hobby with lasers. Seeing all of the great community support made it apparent that I had to register, so here I am doing exactly that! Obviously I'm quite excited to be a part of this forum, so if you have any suggestions for changing my profile/making it better, then let me know please.

And just one question to help me out. Does anybody know where I can get some good diffraction gratings that aren't too expensive? Especially transmittance fan patterned? Thanks!:)

Hi coletrain211 :wave:

Great intro.
Welcome to the forum.
Do you have any lasers now? If so, what are they?

So I have a couple of cheap 5mW pointers that are violet and green. I also have a green 532 nm 100mW lazerer classic, a 650nm 200mW lazerer cyber, a 650nm Wicked lasers nano 100mW, and a 501B 1 watt+ 445nm from sci-fi lasers. And a dead laser from sci-fi lasers unfortunately.

Cool. So you have all the common colors, purple, blue, green and red.
A tip for you if you have not found this out yet. Remove the batteries from the Nano when you are done using the laser. Otherwise the internal IC that is always waiting for a command will drain your batteries completely in about 2 to 4 days.

Thank you for the advice Laser Chick. My Nano ate batteries like nobody's business and I never knew why! Where did you get your high powered 532 from? Or did you build it? Also, do you have any idea where I can find some fan diffraction gratings?

DragonLasers has some cheap yet nice gratings. But their customer service has been a bit sketchy recently.

I found some on CNI's website. Although their ordering system is rather convoluted? And I haven't heard much about them, but they seem pretty reliable. If not, I guess I'll stick my neck out with Dragonlasers.

Welcome! Get ready to learn a lot, have fun, and.....develop a strange new addiction! :D
-jeff

Welcome

I know I have talked to you but I just realized you are new.

I need to mention laser safety, it's the most important thing we do.

Please always protect your eyes, wear laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with, these multi watt lasers can blind you in an instant, permanently.

THESE ARE GOOD

Last edited:
Hey thanks again everybody! I've already learned a lot from everybody on here!:beer: And I definitely have developed an odd addiction to all this! I get itchy when something isn't in the mail :evil: And thanks RedCowboy for mentioning safety, as it really is the most important part of this hobby.