Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi all

Hey guys , I'm from Australia (pain in the ass to get good lasers here)
I'm fairly new to lasers. A friend brought me a green laser from Thailand recently (rated 1000mW which seems fake considering the prices of hi power green lasers I've seen for sale here . )
I love it , I'm now fascinated by lasers and I'm keen on getting some blue ones, but can't seem to get hi powered blue lasers here ( I notice other Aussie ppl in this forum with same problem )
Anyway , love the forum , hope to become a part of this group of enthusiasts, and donated to LPF
Cheers

Last edited:

Welcome Isaac, good to have another Aussie here! You might have to build your own blue if you are confident? I build my own, very rewarding!:beer:

WELCOME

Some here dont know how good we have it--

I hope you never has any such problems- some say spend the extra for the best fastest shipping and split the laser into two boxes shipped a few days apart - and of course no warnig labels or batteries --

Hope you have no problems -- If I were shipping there i would need to know in advance what would be expected should the laser get seized-- some here could not possibly cover such a loss and its not their fault IMO--

Pm me if you need any more advice.. Hak

Welcome to the LPF! You'll learn a lot here for sure. Before long, you'll be piecing together your own light cannons and won't have to worry about import/export issues. :)

Be safe and have fun!

Cheers,
Clayton

Welcome to the forums!:) Always use safety goggles if you don't want to go blind! You have just one pair of seeing balls!;)

-Matt,

Wow thanks for the warm welcome guys, and good advice.
Cheers ChaosLord, thx busman2 - good to see fellow aussies here;
thx for the shipping tips for Oz hakzaw1, looking forward to building my own lasers KapHn8d, cheers tha Greenlander and Hitokiri Battousai :)
thx for the tip on safety goggles BurningLaserGuy , any you'd recommend?
I don't have any yet.
really appreciate the feedback guys,
cheers, Isaac