Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi all from Northern California

Just joined to learned about the world of hand held lasers. I just ordered a non-laser LED flashlight that is pocket-able and produces 3000 lumens (for only 20 minutes) and is more a flood than a thrower (LED flashlight terms). Thought it might be cool to have a nice green wavelength laser to compliment the white light flashlight for my next trip to Yosemite. The flash light is called the Big Bruiser, and are custom built in Oregon. Has anyone used their lasers in Yosemite? Since it has been decades since the park service has had the fire falls, might be fun to try.

DSC011961014x760.jpg

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

BTW... I love the Hot Rod.... SWEET !!!!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:

AnthoT

Welcome to the forum :beer: enjoy everything and be safe :)
-Anthony

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have discovered the best way to learn about something is to find a forum where all the tweekers hang out. What I have learned is these little suckers are dangerous to your eyes. I'm still trying to figure out what I would do with a laser before I commit to buying one. I wonder if there is such a thing as a programable, articulated holder for the laser, that with fast enough movements would be able "write" with the laser on a distant object? Also, if I opt for something low in power, could I over a haul of 20 miles, send and receive CW from another HAM radio operator after getting the 2 units aimed? Are they still harmful for the eyes at 20 miles?

What do you folks do with your lasers?

As to the ride, been into hot rods for about 40 years. Now, as an old fart, I did things different this time around. This is my Swiss Army knife of hot rods, can corner better than my Corvette, lay down a 10.8 @ 132 in the 1/4, and for the fun part, break 30 mpg at 65 on a flat highway. My hot rod buddies said to be fast it could only get 3~5mpg, sure enjoyed proving them wrong. The trick was to give up about 120 hp on the build of the engine (383 sbc), and fatten up the torque as low in the rpms as possible. 516 lb/ft @ 2800 pushing a car that weighs 1790 lbs through a Tremec TKO 600 OD 5 speed, Jaq IRS 3.54 and 31" tires. Gears it so tall that these rpms are in top gear. It is a hoot to drive.

DSC013911014x760.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DSC013201014x760.jpg

Last edited: