Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hi all from noob

hey all , i am a noob from AU and i have spent the last week reading this forum and still have bearly scratched the top.
(i cant keep up with all the new posts and try to read all the rest of the info)
which buy the way thank you all as i have learned a hell of a lot reading what you have posted so thanks for saving me money and poor ld's from getting toasted.
i have pm'd a few guys that are on line for some info so if you read this can you please pm me back.
cheers

Welcome to the forum, and remember to use the search engine for any questions, then ask if you can't find it. :) Enjoy your stay here!

AnthoT

Welcome :beer: enjoy your stay and be sure to use safety glasses for any powerful laser

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

hi lasersbee,thanks for that and just fyi i already read that post and lots of others about scamers and those that choose to risk ruining this hobby and getting more restrictions placed on it by not heading all safty rules.
i am just waiting for a pm back because i think for my first real laser i cant go wrong with the 1.1-1.3mw kit that survival laser is selling but i also want a pair of his $57 dollar glasses so then i am covered for all but 540-800 nm waves.
have i got this right in that they will cover me for the rest of the spectrum in all watt ratings available.

i had a few 405 20mw confiscated (prob in back pocket) by customs here, but cause i have a gun licence i managed to get a few (rifle scopes (hehehe)in) all green up to 50mw and i can appreciate the power of these and especially a 1.1 1.3mw 445 hence the reason i wont buy it till i get a pm from survival laser cause i dont want to get the laser first without the glasses cause i promise i wont be able to build it and not turn it on. :yabbem::yabbem::yabbem:
thanks for your concern:beer:but i am all safe.

Last edited:

AUS

I have had all the lasers below in my signature make it through customs- as long as it doesn't *look* like a laser *pointer* they seldom look at electronics stuff (mind you a strip of SMD LED's I bought on ebay from the Netherlands was opened by customs and inspected). Sleds from DVD burners are no problem and are a good place to start.