Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey there everyone!

I have been interested in lasers since I was about 10 years old when my uncle bought me my very own laser pointer. That one broke about 6 months later and I was devastated. I wouldn't say I lost interest, but I definitely didn't care about lasers until about two months ago. I saw a video from Styropyro and decided to buy two cheap laser pointers from eBay which were both very different. One was a cheap 5mW laser pointer that had huge voltage drops and didn't work very well, another was a 5mW (most likely overspec) 303 Laser Pointer that works incredibly well. Well this only piqued my interest in lasers even more. I spend weeks researching information about lasers and finally found this forum. I was in heaven. I found Sci-Fi lasers and decided to purchase a 1 Watt 445nm laser from them along with a pair of Eagle Pair goggles. I just can't wait to get it in the mail :D I hope to one day build my own laser from a spare computer that I scrapped a while ago but that's another story. Regardless, I hope to get to know a lot of people around here as I've already seen a ton of helpful information being passed around. Thank you all for listening and have a great rest of your day! Happy lasing!

Welcome to LPF. Stay away from really cheap lasers, save your money and get something quality. Learning to build your own is a great idea, you can build them from standard parts that are replaceable and you know exactly what you have and how it's put together.

Alan

welcome. if you have questions, try and search for the answer before starting a thread, there is, as I'm sure you are seeing, a ton of info here.

sci-fi lasers is a good place to get them, great prices, service, and quality from what I've seen. wish they were around when I'd got started, would've saved a lot of money

I think we all get "the bug" to some degree here. whether 1W will slake your thirst or merely whet your appetite, we will see. enjoy

Welcome.
Remember to always wear your wavelength appropriate laser safety glasses when using blue lasers up close, the light is a lot stronger than it looks because we see green much better than blue, also blue light is much more dangerous to our eyes so don't judge it's strength by how it looks, if it was green it would look 20 times as bright because it is, we just can't see it.

Enjoy, be safe and have fun. :)

Last edited:

Pman

Welcome and hang in there as it's hard to judge how long it will take for it to arrive. In the meantime look into glasses, batteries, chargers and other reviews of your purchase.