Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey LPF'ers.

IsaacT

The host is called the GLP. The person who built that is lazeerer and the reason it is so visible is due to the fog. You can PM him on here if you have questions about it. But 405 is a notoriously hard wavelength to see because of how close it is to UV light.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. My first build is going to be in that host, then the PGL-III host.

IsaacT

It may be difficult to find that host. Contact CNI and ask if they can sell you just one of the hosts. They might not go for it though. also contact Viasho, as I believe they manufacture the lasers that CNI and Laserglow sells...could be wrong though.

Even if I have to buy a broken Rigel or Electra, that would be completely fine. THanks for all of your help. Also; I have a second laser on the way already. I figured I'd give RayFoss a try. I bought a 100mW greenie. Faona is a really nice employee, she's kept me updated aswell, and since I'll be reviewing the laser, she's making sure it's well over-spec :D

IsaacT

Faona treated me right 3 years ago when I began my journey in this hobby with a 50mW 532 and a 200mW 650 from them. Be sure to share your review, I look forward to it. If you need any help, shoot me a PM, I am glad to help newcomers.

When I get decent enough to build my own lasers, would you mind helping me build my first DPSS laser? I want to build a 589nm. That's my FAVORITE wavelength. Also, why isn't there any "lemon" yellow colors? Are they still just using an 808nm wavelength then filtering colors through?

Looks like you're getting some good help already..

welcome.gif
to the Forum Nick....

Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

When you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

I already have 1 laser here. It came with safety goggles. I'm in talks with DTR for a diode to repair that one. I am a pilot, NO, I don't get paid for it. It's recreational, I know what it's like while flying a plane, and the safety involved with a laser. They may be magnificent, but they are just like a loaded gun. I've only shot a gun twice, but while shooting it. You always need proper PPE. I.e a locked case, ear-muffs, a working safety, and a range. Thanks for the tips. Also, I'm interested in possibly buying an LPM from you @lasersbee. What LPM would you recommend for a beginner?

I'll be interested in possibly purchasing that, do you have skype or any other IM service? If you do just PM it to me, if not, I would have a few questions to ask you.