Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey guys :)

Skane

I am new here, I am very interested in lasers and how they work, how to modify them, etc etc, however I have not actively pursued that hobby yet. Now that I found an awesome site that has a lot of interesting info on it from what I have seen, maybe that can become a reality soon :)

Maybe some advice on where to start? Other than that, Hey guys :D

Welcome to the forum! There's plenty of info on the forum here - what you should look at first depends on your skill with electronics. If you're relatively new to electronics, you should spend some time getting acquainted with the concepts first. Building a PHR-803T laser (violet, 100mW) is a common "starter" project, and will be a relatively safe way of starting out in the hobby. As you'll see, the forum is pretty safety-conscious - even 30mW is more than enough to blind you, so investing in a good pair of goggles is a good idea if you're serious about the hobby!

Have fun and play safely.

welcome.gif
to the Forum...
Don't forget to read the FAQs... the Stickies... the Tutorials
and the Forum Rules....

Jerry

Morgan

Welcome to LPF! :wave:

As Charlie says there's loads of info here. To start you off, there's a couple of guides in my sig below that introduce you to the basics and give you clues where else to search. It's not designed to hold your hand but show you the grounding.

LPF likes to help those that help themselves so if you get stuck, let us know what you've been reading and we will try to help you further.

Also, have a read of the, "FAQs", and the, "Rules and Stickies", thread.

Good luck and we look forward to seeing more.

M
:)

Skane

Thanks for the quick responses guys, looking forward to being an active contributing member here. I am not very new to electronics per say, but I am new to lasers. The only one I currently have is a green 5mW laser I got off ebay a month or two ago XD

The DIY part of it is exciting...as I write this I have a bunch of other tabs open with threads on how to make your first laser/ etc. Very interesting :) Thanks again!

WELCOME-- bookmark Sam's Laser FAQ too-- he is our guru

read the stickies and make the search your new best friend

lots of great members in Fl too

hk

Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave: it looks like you have already recieved some good advice so I will just say Have fun and be Safe ;)