Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey everyone :)

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. My name is Mark and I've always enjoyed working on electronics projects and am simply fascinated by them. Up until now I've done a lot with music and audio projects, including a 303 synth clone for anyone who is into that sort of thing.

Not too long ago i was surfing and stumbled across WickedLasers... a site I frequented as a college student when I was bored. I was staggered by the prices but very impressed with the products they were now offering.

After some google searches and ebay scouting I found out that lasers could indeed be assembled from fairly easy to obtain parts. With my background in soldering and the use of integrated circuits and pcbs, i was excited to figure out how to assemble a laser of my own.

I'm interested in starting off slowly (and safely) with something relatively simple to put together. I'm looking at either a 635 nm or 532 nm to start with, and perhaps something in the 50 mW range.

I can't wait to delve into the vast amount of wisdom on these boards and perhaps someday be a contributing member. I look forward to interacting with all of you! :thanks:

Welcome! If you wanna build a laser be sure you get some goggles appropriate for the wavelength. I've never bought from wicked lasers but I hear when you get your laser, it's actually filled with poo and you have to scrape it all out first before you can get your battery in. Dunno why they'd do that to their customers..

Hahaha, I've heard a lot of similar sentiments about Wicked Lasers and I plan on avoiding them like the plague. Since you mentioned goggles, I thought I'd let everyone know that my very first purchase will be goggles for the common wavelengths. Thanks for the warm welcome!

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

IsaacT

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay and I can't wait to see your builds!
Also, thanks for doing it right by introducing yourself here instead of just jumping into the FS threads. Here is a welcome to the forum +1
:beer:

Isaac

Thanks for the warm invite and the rep! Ordered some parts for my first green laser build and I can't wait to post pics and progress.

Hey Dee!

I see you're from Pennsylvania, a good friend of mine "jeffreythe00" is around there too, look him up on the forums!

Having prior experience in electronics will most definitely benefit you and jump-start the travels of your wallet on it's trajectory to inevitable death. When that happens, you're considered a veteran of the forum :D

So, you let me know if you need any introductory advice or short tutorials, I'll be glad to help you out in getting started.

Having prior experience in electronics will most definitely benefit you and jump-start the travels of your wallet on it's trajectory to inevitable death. When that happens, you're considered a veteran of the forum :D

LOL :crackup:

Funny you should mention this as I was awoken by my bank this morning questioning some recent "unusual" charges to my debit account :D

I look forward to killing my wallet in pursuit of a few collimated photons! :beer:

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Have fun and be Safe ;)

If you are interested in lasers and music maybe you should check into the laser harp kit's that are for sale here, I bought one but have not had the time to play with it yet.