Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey everyone! Greetings from the UK.

daguin

The UK is taking over the interwebz!!!!

Or at least a little part of 'em.

Peace,
dave

I couldnt agree more roosl. This is a great place for info!

Yeah, were takin' over LPF daguin, you better watch out!! ;)

I think I'm gonna try building a Spirograph from a couple of old PC fans i have. just need some tiny mirrors...

I wonder if anyone has built one with mosaic tile type mirrors. like off a disco ball. Maybe it would produce an interesting affect with all the mirrors not quite parallel?

daguin

I think I'm gonna try building a Spirograph from a couple of old PC fans i have. just need some tiny mirrors...

I wonder if anyone has built one with mosaic tile type mirrors. like off a disco ball. Maybe it would produce an interesting affect with all the mirrors not quite parallel?

Those mirrors are usually second surface mirrors. The reflective surface is on the "back." If you use them with lasers, you will get a "ghost" reflection off of the front surface of the glass and the full reflection off of the back reflective surface.

We normally use "front" surface or "first" surface mirrors when working with lasers.

Peace,
dave

roosl

:cool: See? One more tidbit of knowledge for us noobs! Types of mirrors. I want to know that when I start my optics experiments!

Greetings, Tonberry- er, I mean, IceNoise!

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay, and learn much from the many inevitable laser projects that you will most likely do.

Just don't use that knife.

...I hope phoenix77 has a Phoenix Down.

phoenix77 carries a TANTO style, semi-serrated, BOKER AUTOMATIC, with belt clip. It's a MIGHTY FINE BLADE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that Daugin, makes sense.

Hey Palsmacube, I love the Don Tonberry, simple yet affective.
I cant wait to get more stuff done, but lack of funds is not lettin me at the moment....

Those knives look pretty cool Phoniex! Sound like something out a movie though.

Well, after cursing the UK postal strike yesterday for my green laser from DX still not being here. I got a buzz on the intercom at about 7:30 last night. A guy says he has some redirected maill for me, and he's gonna put it through the letterbox now. I hear a thud come from the font door. I run p the stairs to find a brown padded envelope on the floor with DX printed on the address label, and a box shape inside. :D:D

So i go back down stairs and proceed to open it up. There is a plain black box inside. Open that up to find the laser and two batteries not in the slots but loose in the box. No matter. One corner of the box is a little damaged, but the laser is fine. put the supplied Alcaline batteries in and fire it up......WOW!!!! this thing is VERY bright. the beam is visible in a lit room. the dot at the end is almost to bright. The color is just amazing! I have always been fond of green, And this is brilliant, All the hundred's of photos I have seen on here just don't give the true impression of this color. Its a beautiful emerald green.

The laser lights up a room in the dark. works great as a torch. And I can see the beam clearly outside at night with a near full moon to contend with. Is this normal for just 20mW green?

One or two minor points:
The beam comes out at a hell of an angle.at least 3 or 4* leaning to the right as the button faces upwards. Doesn't bother me, but I noticed it.
The batteries rattle a little bit in the host, again not really a problem, but worth mentioning.

Also another layer of foam on top of the laser in the box would be very good, so to stop it falling about in the box during transit.

All in all I am very happy with this laser from DX for just £8 sterling. It took 17 days to get here. would have been sooner if not for the postal strikes..

If you haven't yet seen a green laser, its gonna blow your mind.