Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hex DIY Red Laser - The ULTIMATE burner idea! :-)

Re: Hex DIY Red Laser - The ULTIMATE burner idea!

The project is still alive! Slowly but surely I'm getting there. I had a few personal matters that brought my lasers projects to a standstill, but I've not forgotten about finishing it. I've also purchased some expensive optics (a beam condenser) to play with which should hopefully do the trick. It's not a finished unit yet, but it's moved on since the 'paper designs' stage ;)

I'll hopefully get round to doing an update post on this soon.
Good luck with your design!

Dan :)

danielbriggs said:
The project is still alive! Slowly but surely I'm getting there. I had a few personal matters that brought my lasers projects to a standstill, but I've not forgotten about finishing it. I've also purchased some expensive optics (a beam condenser) to play with which should hopefully do the trick. It's not a finished unit yet, but it's moved on since the 'paper designs' stage  ;)

I'll hopefully get round to doing an update post on this soon.
Good luck with your design!

Dan  :)
Ooh, can you link to the beam condenser your using? I'd like to check out its properties. I've got a couple of aspheric lenses coming for my condenser.

ArRaY

Sorry for posting, but any updates Dan?

not sure if this has been posted yet but its from pl and kinda the same concept but FAR from portable

P9293259.jpg

P9293255.jpg

MarioMaster posted a pic of that thing before. Man it's cool, what a project!

Where exactly did you get the pics from? Got a link?

I soooooo want to build that. Even a small version with like 10 diodes would be awesome!!!

only 10 diodes. ;D

what the output on that laser in the picture?

just a thought for building something out of a d cell maglite, you can buy those plastic battery converters that you stick aa's or a c into to make a d sized battery, and place in there the driver (s) for it.
you can get a 6 d cell maglite, maybe more....

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3228
just my two cents

just a thought for building something out of a d cell maglite, you can buy those plastic battery converters that you stick aa's or a c into to make a d sized battery, and place in there the driver (s) for it.

Remember though that any protection capacitors need to be directly connected to the LD's as the driver circuits will come out with the batteries....... I have used the idea myself with a 3AAA, replacing 1 battery with the driver.

Regards rog8811

kubbur

okay here is how a lence gathers light

-------)-------

lets say that - <- this is the beam and ) <- this is the lence if the beam is going to > the beam will spread and the opposite for the other direction

so if you want to narrow the light down to a beam you will need a lence thats like this in shape

_
/ \
----

thus making the upper part go inside the lence and the downer part go out of the lence, but how mutch you will have to find out yourself, if you can you could contact a googlemaker to help you with this, he should be able to make a lence for you if you can give him the specifics about how you want it

and i would use another lence for setting the focuspoint manually on the beam

ive been thinking about this same idea and i think that you would have to have a separate driver for each diode, and theese anodes will heat up so i think taking a round and flat metal piece and drilling 7 holes for the anodes would be a nice idea, having it thicker is better because then the anodes have more material to heat up

have you thought of a powersource for this ?

MERC

What ever happened to this?