Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HeNe lasers

JLSE

Okay what ill do is, Monday evening Ill post whatever is availible. There are people who have PM'd me already, and others who have requested via posting. I will make up a quik notepad of whats availible on Mon. night, and it will be first come first serve. The ones whos posted a request and post requests between now and then will get priority.

cheers

In case I forgot to mention it, I will test them first for output and make sure they fire and are alligned. There may be the odd one with small scratches on the body. Any of the ones with scratched optics will not be sent. I will not ship any dud's! If it gets damaged in shipping, return it and I will replace it with another, or one of my own :)

JLSE

I went today but the door was locked with a "open tomorrow" sign on the door. So I will return in the afternoon. I think he was on a pick up run, as ive encountered this before on Mondays.
I will post tomorrow evening, as im sure there wont be a sign on the door other than open :)

JLSE

I have sent PM's to those whom inquired. If there is any others interested, drop me a message.

For anyone who has a He/Ne tube and no power supply, here is a link with diy schematics.

Right now there are 5 Melles Griot tubes availible (As shown previously), 5 bucks a pop, shipping varies by destination. They have been fired and operate with no problems. I will going back again for more if there is further interest.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3931/laserhsc.htm

JLSE

Things said:
$5??? wow, id be in for one of them! I'll PM you now.

I sent you a PM, I need you postal/zip code to get the cost of shipping down under.

Cheers.

JLSE

pwnstar said:
Thanks for all of the responses
Do HeNe's heat up at all?

They can get pretty warm, but its normal for these. A simple cooling fan will take care of that.

if there's one left, how much would shipping be to europe(switzerland), slowest possible of corse, just that it gets here in 6 months or so

JLSE

natabata said:
if there's one left, how much would shipping be to europe(switzerland), slowest possible of corse, just that it gets here in 6 months or so

Sorry, I just counted up the requests, and im out :mad: I will dig through my old stuff tomorrow and see if I have any forgotten ones.

JLSE

Todays haul was a decent one, but I didnt notice the damaged ones at the store :mad: Its a shame the dead ones were killed by lack of protection. What cost me 65., 15 years ago would of cost around 12,000.00!!!

Attachments

• tubes.jpg
    tubes.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 75
Nice topic! I have 2 HeNe lasers: one 5 mw, and the other 10 mW arrived just today!
The most important differences with diodes are beam quality in terms of collimation, peak of wavelenght, power output. Remember that diodes are multimode, and HeNe is TEM00.
Now I'm looking for information to build a correct power supply for my 10 mW.
Moreover, these lasers are very cool if you know all the physic that is behind of them ::)

JLSE

Now I want a green and a yellow He/Ne. I have had many reds, but am looking forward to the others. Even if the output is low, you cant beat their magic! ;D