Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with White Laser

diachi

That looks good RB! Alignment on that looks just about perfect, although, it's harder to tell from behind the beam. All these talks of RGB are making me want to build a PJ again... :p

Someday I too will have a RGB laser to produce white, I really like that little module too.

Wow! how does it look to the eye?
Pete, it looks simply amazing.
I was mesmerised when I first saw it shoot into the air.
It looks just like that except a tiny bit dimmer but you see this beautiful thin white line just going out for 'ever'.

love01.gif

Wow, thank you. Amazing, first time I have ever seen a white laser beam shot into the sky, I bet anyone else who sees it can say that, unless they have seen yours.

Someday I too will have a RGB laser to produce white, I really like that little module too.
I really hope you get one Chris, you'll absolutely love it.
LOL, how cool would that look in the snow in one of your night shots?

questionicon.gif

That looks good RB! Alignment on that looks just about perfect, although, it's harder to tell from behind the beam. All these talks of RGB are making me want to build a PJ again... :p
Mr Diachi (oh, I feel like the karate kid :crackup:), I had a request for a distant beam shot looking back at the beam, to show alignment, so I will post a new pic once I get the chance.
The alignment looks perfect to me though and all I've noticed a bit of splash from the square dichroic mirrors, which, at a distance of around 5 meters, just shows up as a 'light white' square.
Basically only when I 'dial' up the white ray.
From memory, it doesn't show up on the other individual WLs.

:)

Edit: I've started a new build thread for this:
{Link} - http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/g...ow-proof-concept-build-99140.html#post1450160

Last edited:
I wanna share my experience how RGB beam profile with naked eye and in the picture can trick you, but how Far-field alignment (40-50m) show what is really going on..

NUBM07E + Sanwu 3X vs Q-Line RGB white:

P1100868.jpg

With bare eye and in picture RGB beam looks really sharp and awesome... But..
Far-field alingment shows that RGBs beam alignment & profile is actually quite horrible... At 50meters Red "dot" diameter is 30cm (with huge wings) and green & blue are 5-7cm and green and blue dots barely overlaps each other.

Q-line RGB beam Alignment at 50m:
P1100744.jpg

P1100745.jpg

P1100754.jpg

Reactions: GSS
Mmmmmm ??? Just as we suspected !!! See pic !!!

Attachments

• Starfield 1 with moon base and text.jpg
    Starfield 1 with moon base and text.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 40
ArcticDude, I'll be doing those test shots at 40-50 metres so I can check alignment.
For me it doesn't really bother me if they're not that aligned at 50m because I'm just building this just for the fun of a white beam and rainbow laser in a handheld.

The beam to me looks awesome at night, but as you say, this could be deceiving.
I just love the look of it though because I'd never seen a brilliant White beam like this before.

I'll post my results in my other thread for you as soon as I get a chance to do the test.

Cheers buddy.

:beer:

If you would please do so, some night when you have a cloud layer at about 2500 feet or lower, put a spot on the cloud and see if the color is white appearing, or three colors. I'd love to know what you see

Oh, I forgot to add, it doesn't matter to me so much either, actually, having them depart one another at the far field is very interesting, can make a star-like twinkle of colors to a far observer but probably too bright to actually point at someone, never mind that idea, not a good one, but I still like the rainbow. I have been talking to CDBEAM about purposely making a crossed beam laser pointer so it might have mutli-color wings in the beam.

Last edited: