Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with LPF Member

OVNI

An LPF Member, TaterMay, built my first laser last year. Since then I've paid him for more stuff. He now has three builds of mine; two with Eghemus hosts and one Kryton (I sent him the Kryton host) he was going to polish and build. I paid for them November 2015. His responses became infrequent so I asked him if I'm going to get them at all and he said that they were done and just needed to be shipped. He first said he was out of country and would ask his wife to mail them. Then in a subsequent reply he told me of some health issues and was about to be discharged (last week in Feb 2016). Now he's gone silent. I've tried text, voicemail, and email. His voicemail outgoing message is a standard/default message, not his voice, only acknowledging the phone number, no name.

His last post here is 01-17-2016, 02:25 AM however his last activity shows up as 'Last Activity: 03-01-2016 03:58 PM'. His last reply to me via text was on Thu, Feb 25, 2016.

If anyone knows him or lives near him, can you check on him? Has anyone heard from him? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT 3/16/2016: I see that TaterMay's location here on LPF is Birmingham AL. The location where I sent the host is HOOVER AL 35244 in case anyone is close and can see if he is OK.

EDIT 3/21/2016: Still communicating with TaterMay's wife. She found and took pictures of 2 of the 3 lasers so I have 'proof of life'. But she's still not ready to send them to me. Not sure why. Could be she doesn't trust me, it's not really her, or something entirely different. Will keep trying, explore other options.

Last edited:

That's strange. He saw one of my random posts awhile back and PM'd me how he wanted to buy one of my eghemus hosts. So I told him no but eghemus would gladly build you one just like it. He then told me he tried and egh said no. So I PM'd eghemus and he said he never talked to him. Kinda a red flag to me.
good luck and I hope you get it figured out

Last edited:
hmmm....it raising red flags......let just hope you'll get a refund....then you can get other members to build you something...someone who is active at least...

Last edited:

OVNI

His lasers are still for sale on flebay, have you messaged him there?

HERE

I did not know that. Looks like three were bought the last week in Feb. And three in March here. I sent him two of the hosts in the picture because the person he was getting them from ran out. The guts look just like what's in my two Eghemus builds.

I'm still holding out hope that this will be cleared up.

Last edited:
This sucks really bad, that is too much time that has passed, something similar has happened a few times before with other members, I hope this one gets cleared up. Hoover is a suburb of Birmingham just south of Birmingham.

Alan

Did you pay him though pay pal if so then you can request a refund as far as the host I think you may be out of luck there bud but ya that sucks

OVNI

I did pay with PayPal and have opened disputes. I also just got word back from one of his parts suppliers that he was sick. If I can reach him or get him to contact me, maybe I can get them back.

On the flip side, I researched his address and came up with a completely different name. Maybe a clue, maybe nothing.

EDIT: Just got an email from his wife. She said he is indeed having serious health issues and she's trying to make it right with several people. However, I don't want to be a pessimist here but she used TaterMay's email address (so no new information really) and I found an obituary with her same name in Alabama. I hope it's legit.

Last edited:
I hope he has a speedy recovery, and a full recovery.

Do you know what is expected?

If you would rather not say I understand, I wish him well.

Glad to hear you are getting things worked out. I too hope he has a speedy recovery, if you don't have your health you don't have anything.

OVNI

Thanks everyone. BTW, the eBay link I provided above are his completed listings. Here are his active listings. His wife got back to me a second time, still via his account but it's sounding legit. He is in bad enough shape that he was admitted and they're keeping him sedated.

So everyone keep thinking good thoughts like you are currently doing to help him pull through.

This sounds so familiar. I've had similar issues with taterslasers on ebay since November 2015 --yet he has 100% positive feedback on ebay. I haven't opened a paypal dispute resolution yet, because I do believe he is having health issues --no response from last set of emails in which I requested that we work something out before 3/31/16

7+ Watt 450nm Blue Laser Kit $429.99

( 272050556936 )