Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with IC in X-drive V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmtx

Does anybody know what IC is used in laseerer's xdrive V6? I have a couple of dead drivers (reversed polarity... yes, it happens to me regularly :).

I spent some time searching by parameters & pinout, but haven't identified it yet -- there are just too many soic-8 buck drivers out there...

Laseerer, pm me if you don't want to make this public knowledge. I don't plan to make or sell them, just want to revive a couple of drivers -- they are surprisingly well made -- can't just throw them away.

/dmtx

ARG

Would be best to PM Lazeerer, he can probably provide you the IC's.

Last edited:
This guy here i would not trust again.

Today he opened a dispute on me.

He order one driver from me and as usually during this transition from clif closing to me getting all my drivers up on the new store it took a little longer to get out because i make these by hand and iam only one person with alot of orders now that clif closed and iam trying to move everything to another store etc.

So it took me a little longer to get it out.

People know this that ever since clif closed down i have taken the brunt of all single orders + all big orders together. Thats Hundreds of drivers a week.! I have a full time job too.! Plus Custom builds.

Seriously what gives. I have it posted in several places.

I told him this Today in PM after i seen he sent me a PM early in the morning when i was sleeping... So i respond pretty fast..

Orders went out late. It was all to much for me and it took me longer then my brain thought it would.

I upgrade everyones order that went out late to priority mail that live in the US so everyone should get there orders by the end of the week.

I included a bonus as well.

Thanks for your patients.

Future orders as far as single purchases go will go through zerolasers which is going to have stock of all my drivers this week too.

So no more extra delay when ordering.

Hope you can understand.

Thanks

I sent that this morning. He then proceeds to open a dispute.

Not only did and was upgrading everyone to priority mail but the bonus i included was either a 3.8mm red 660 DW diode or another X-Drive depending on what they ordered.!!!!!!!!!

For what? all because i felt bad for taking to long.! Even when iam not late i always put extras in.!

Then he just opens a dispute. Just now even after i sent that message to him.!

After refunding him instantly and i mean within seconds of seeing it as i dont want anything to do with people like this I wrote the fallowing:

You are incredible to open a dispute on me.

Incredible.

You are the first person to ever do that in my entire time of selling on LPF.

Either you tried to scam me out of 1 driver or you dont have any understanding that iam 1 person making all these drivers for everyone in the hundreds.

You have no understanding what so ever what i go through to keep drivers available for you guys so cheap.

Go buy someone Else's drivers.!

Now i find the only thread he made was this. Looking for the IC. Yeah.......

Then threatens me if i dont want this public to PM him. Listen guy Ive been screwed over way to many times to fall for that.

The X-Drive Chips has changed several times. Ive stated that several times. All with very minimal changes to the board. For the past several upgrades i have not told anyone what chip i use or will I. People Know i give replacements out even if its there fault in most cases.

OUT OF RESPECT PEOPLE RESPECT THAT OF ME. Out of all times this is the one thing Ive guard closely and everyone respects that.

Had you not opened the dispute your package would have contained an Extra X-Drive as a replacement for the reverse polarity damage you did on your own that you mentioned in PM + the driver you paid for.

I found this thread after you did the dispute. Had i know it was sevral i would have include some IC unmarked aswell.

SO you would have had your replacement Drive as the bonus.

Ask Anyone that has ever contacted me with a driver they killed and what i did for them.! Go ahead ask.

Anyway.

This person takes the cake for the first person to open a dispute on me on a 20$ driver which is posted all over the forum and is one of the most popular drivers out there and iam going to ruin all that for 1 driver. Freaking Nuts.!:wtf:

Not to mention i have one of the highest reputation on the forum and iam well know among everyone. Lets through all that away for 1 Driver.:whistle:

This really upsets me because i bust my ass for you guys to keep drivers cheap and available and come out with new ones as much as i can so that everyone could be happy. Even to the point of taking the extra step in making custom version for people.

Yet the one time where i need a break and some extra time i get a slap in the face. Its Incredible how The fast someone is ready to do that.

Iam not on NO HIGH HORSE but Damn i would Expect some understanding how hard it is to keep up with the demand through this transition..

Mind you this is the last 2 orders of drivers i just made to try to keep up in the past week:

Thats not even enough to cover 1 weeks worth guy.

Do the math out. How hard do you think it is to keep that up + keep up with all other custom build requests and a full time job.!

Ive been doing it for years now with not 1 hickup. Yet the 1 time i need a little extra time i get slapped with a dispute.:wtf:

I bust my ass for what. Make a couple dollars per driver. NO i do it so that everyone has something to use or those who like my stuff.

I dint get where i aim today screwing people Like many have done to me.!

This is why i take this to heart. Iam a very honored person.

Iam really piste off right now over this.

He then has the nerve to PM me again Just now with:

HIM:
Well, I was probably too impatient... To my defense, I Pm'ed you and emailed you twice before I opened the dispute. You did not respond, and the only other way for me to communicate with you was through paypal. Note that paypal dispute is not a claim.

Anyway, I still want the driver... I'll paypal you $20 again.

Thanks.

I sent him a message this morning. Only Hours after he sent me his last message as i said above.! He then After Opens the dispute.

SO I did Respond.! Maybe not fast enough for his liking but i did. THats total crap that i dint respond.

One thing i Enjoy the most is Making Drivers and the Number 1# thing i enjoy is to hear someone is happy with my drivers or anything they got from me.

That is all i care about.

Until now there has never been anyone to open a dispute on me let alone be not happy.

I dont care that it was Not a Claim. A dispute in book is just as bad. You had no reason to open a dispute. I sent you a message this morning a few hours after you sent me a message to update you.

I am one of the most trusted and honorable members of this forum.

There is Nothing in the world that could every change me into ruining that or my reputation. Let alone 1 driver.

I live,breath,sleep lasers...........

It is very clear to me that you know who i am since you have several of my drivers. So its not like you dont know.

You had no right to do what you did.

No matter how much good you do there always seems to be that one person that ruins your day.!:yabbmad:

Iam extremely upset right now.

I hope it made you feel good dmtx.

Last edited:

dmtx

Nobody is questioning your expertize or your status in this forum and nobody is trying to screw you.

I have just sent you another PM. Put your emotions aside and read it carefully. I hope it will be helpful.

Hey angelos! Try not to worry about it! The other 99% of your customers (including me) adore your hard work and craftsmanship.

You da man! :san:

Last edited:
Hey angelos! Try not to worry about it! The other 99% of your customers (including me) adore your hard work and craftsmanship.

You da man! :san:

Second that :D

Don't worry about it, everyone immensely appreciates all the work you do for everyone (I certainly do :))

Keep your head up mate :beer:

Last edited:

dmtx

If anybody else is looking to revive fried X-Drives -- contact Angelos

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job Angelos! I am sure there are many people who appreciated you, don't let these one or 2 people ruin the image of the LPF friendly community.

I admit that I panicked a bit as you were not replying to my PMs. But, I assured myself you have thousands of other customers and forced myself to be patient.

The moment I received my X-drive V6, I was very happy and thought that it was the best purchase I had ever made. As for the freebies, I can verify for that, I got free silicon wires and X-blanks as battery contact board.

I admire and appreciate your work of the X-drives, and this guy scammed you of one drive. I think you should raise it up to one of the mods and ban him?

dragonizer

dmtx

I didn't scam the poor fella. I tried to buy a driver from him but he wouldn't
sell it to me because I opened a dispute after waiting for two weeks and getting no responses. In the end it actually worked out well for both of us. He learned that wearing rosy glasses all the time was not a good idea, and I found nearly identical drivers at 1/4 of his price.

/dmtx

I admire and appreciate your work of the X-drives, and this guy scammed you of one drive. I think you should raise it up to one of the mods and ban him?

dragonizer

Last edited:

DTR

I found nearly identical drivers at 1/4 of his price.

/dmtx

Am I missing a link or something. I only see a link to a LED driver not a laser driver?:thinking:

Or are you saying the X-drive is the same as a cheap LED driver?:crackup:

dmtx

The link above points to a led/laser driver that, judging by the picture, is identical to the x-drive up to 2A (same IC, same passive components). The cheaper one is actually a bit better, because it includes optional protection circuit that is missing on the x-drive (x-drive v6 pcb has places for a diode and a 4k7 resistor, but they are not installed, at least on my three X-drives.

To turn the 2A "cheap led driver" into a 3A driver, one needs to replace AX2002 with AX2003.

Am I missing a link or something. I only see a link to a LED driver not a laser driver?:thinking:

Or are you saying the X-drive is the same as a cheap LED driver?:crackup:

Fiddy

Don't worry about this fool Angelos, hes got no idea, first he reverse polarity's a driver like a derp, then thinks he can put a PayPal dispute on one of the highest ranking driver design & manufacturing members on the forum is ridiculous, then has a audacity to put up a thread to try and get the IC they he fried, like he would share any details with you after putting a dispute on you idiot!

3cd8a33a.png

Last edited:

dmtx

He designed the pcb, actually quite well, but not the driver. His driver uses standard circuit from the ax2002 datasheet.

/dmtx

Not the Chips.

This is False information everyone and i highly recommend no one listen to this guy and puts a LED chip on any of the X-Drives.

I know that no one is dumb enough to listen to this guy but just saying.

All X-Line drivers are based with Laser Diode/Laser Supply Chips.

NONE use LED Bassed Chips.

The Circuit might be similar as in many buck chips usually have very similar circuits but its not the chip. If you type in the chip he says you will find there is 2 other chips within the first page that have exact or similair circuits to it.

Anyway we all know what this guy was trying to do.
"Yeah lets find the cheapest most commonly available led buck driver and call it an X-Drive.":crackup:

The thread was just unlocked for me to Just say that. I prommised not to adress anything else.

Take care.

Last edited:

ped

This thread should be in the Fail section.

@ Angelos , your reputation is beyond dispute, you have to explain yourself to NO ONE.

@ dmtx , the only reason your not being banned right now is because your a n00b.

I suggest you start again and try a little harder this time.
I'm locking this nonsense now.

Reactions: ARG
Status
Not open for further replies.