Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with I.D.'ing Laser Diode

I was hoping you would have seen it. I enjoy what you have to say on these types of threads :)

I've always had a knack of bringing the best out of people. :eg:

This guy reminds me of Bob Hess. He lives in his own little world, and is not smart enough to see there are other worlds out there too.

haha, yeah when I first joined LPF and was going through old threads for info and I'd come across a few threads were you were seeking out trolls.

:thinking: Thats weird I know a Hess in high school and thats how he acted

This is how I pictured BobH....

dunham_sparks_angry_v6.jpg

A very frustrated old guy....:undecided:

Had almost forgotten about him... Thanks T_J...:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
Nah... it's OK..
I've had a few encounters with his whining about LPF over
on PL....
He never seem to come out winning his whiny points.....:crackup::crackup:
He calmed down when I posted that pic over there....:eg:

Jerry

Last edited:

daguin

I have met Bob, in person, more than once. I was in his home last week dropping off a laser for his collection.

He is actually a pretty nice guy. Also, he is very knowledgeable about laser history. His house is a little gas-laser museum.

He is not a pariah.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't "fit" the culture of LPF. With getting to know him even better, I know that he never will. That is not a bad thing. It is just the nature of humans.

I do hope that he will get over it eventually so he will stop cluttering other places with the problems of the past.

There are good reasons why there is more than one laser forum.

This may come as a shock ;) but I am not welcomed everywhere either :whistle:

Peace,
dave

Same here except i'm not grey yet.. and I have more teeth. heh. But I have the same hairstyle.. or lack thereof. :p

I have met Bob, in person, more than once. I was in his home last week dropping off a laser for his collection.

He is actually a pretty nice guy. Also, he is very knowledgeable about laser history. His house is a little gas-laser museum.

He is not a pariah.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't "fit" the culture of LPF. With getting to know him even better, I know that he never will. That is not a bad thing. It is just the nature of humans.

I do hope that he will get over it eventually so he will stop cluttering other places with the problems of the past.

Peace,
dave

that is very familiar... i remember when we all met at your house dave. i think it was jeff that said people are dicks online but once you meet them the story changes. So how is Bob personally??

Yeah Its very true, I would be cool to meet you guys in person but the whole on the other side of the country thing... Maybe someday I can convince the wife to fly over with me when theres a laser meet out on the west coast. :)

i have a customer in simpsonville sc. i have been there once. i'll hit you up next time im in the area.

daguin

that is very familiar... i remember when we all met at your house dave. i think it was jeff that said people are dicks online but once you meet them the story changes. So how is Bob personally??

As I said, he is a nice guy. I had a laser that I got two of and that had some components he was interested in. After meeting him at SoCaLEM, I decided to sell him the "extra" one for what I had invested in it. Craig (Cshih) and I stopped by his house on the way up to MWLEM to drop it off for him (to save shipping cost and risk).

He invited us in and gave us a tour of his house and his collection. He could not get up to MWLEM, but he invited us back on Sunday night for a mini-LEM. He was going to call up several other laser enthusiasts for this.

Unfortunately, we were not coming back through town until midday Monday and he was going to invite Laser Ben. I DO refuse to be in the same room with that thief.

I have no problems with him, personally. I would not hesitate to do business with him. I would listen to his advice concerning lasers. I have volunteered to help him with examples/displays to go along with an article he is writing. He just doesn't fit in at LPF and the drama that swirls around that issue is too damaging to the forum to try to work through.

Peace,
dave

Asherz

I hadn't bothered to click on this thread for days when it kept appearing in the "new posts" just because the title was the classic help me ID this diode which is the impossible question.

Then after it kept popping up I clicked on it out of interest to see what was going on, glad I did, I love seeing arrogant, over compensating, lying idiots get there @ss handed to them on a silver platter.

Couldn't think of a better reply than Aryntha's :)

He is not a pariah.

Peace,
dave
So it seems that he has changed his view/impression of you since
the time he was here....;)
People always act differently face to face... they know that you
can reach out to them....:D

I'm sure BobH is a nice guy up close.... but you know that it
was not the impression he left here by his ranting posts....

I tried to be nice to him on PL when I first found he was a
member there.... but as usual he was King KnowItAll and
tried to Troll/Attacked me just the same...

I know that he knows oodles more than I will know about
the older Lasers....but he seems to have no social skills...IMO

I've stayed clear of his posts over there to keep the Drama
down and he stopped whining about the injustice done to
him on LPF by the Higher echelon and Mods...

I have nothing personally against the guy... If he sent me a civil
E-Mail or PM asking for something I would happily help him out...

Jerry

Last edited: