Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP question about diodes

I'm going to buy a blue diode so if I buy one can I solder wires to the negative and postive end then tape the wires to a 2 aaa batteries taped to together.

if I can't do that what do I have to buy to make it work

also it would work how life is the life expectencee

Oh, no. Just no.
I'll give a quick overview.
1. There's no such thing as a "blue diode". It's violet.
2. The wires to the diode (positive and negative) have to run through a driver. The driver will regulate the current and voltage going through the diode, so the diode doesn't die in a few seconds.
3. The diode will have to be placed in an Aixiz Module, which will collimate the diode. Otherwise, you will get a cone of violet that won't do anything.
4. Get a battery holder, lol. Tape and lasers usually don't work together. All connections MUST be soldered, otherwise the diode could quickly die.

It takes lots of knowledge and experience to build a handheld laser, I recommend you read around the forum before you take on this challenge.

AusLasersSuck said:
I'm going to buy a blue diode so if I buy one can I solder wires to the negative and postive end then tape the wires to a 2 aaa batteries taped to together.

if I can't do that what do I have to buy to make it work

also it would work how life is the life expectencee

It is obvious by your questions... that you have not taken the time to read
any Threads/Posts on this Forum... :-?

Perhaps a few hours of reading will be more beneficial... rather than asking
questions that you could easily find answers to by yourself...  :cool:

Jerry

phoenix77 said
Nice Avatar ROG
As this is a non-thread ::) My avatar is obviously from my 7 colour hand held, where are your 6 colours from and why no white?

Regards rog8811